The tooth crown is a structure that is part of the family of fixed partial dental prosthesis that is affixed to one or more teeth. It is very used in stomatology.
Dental crowns in Turkey are an alternative to teeth whitening. The most commonly used type of Tooth crown is the zirconia crown.
Turquie Santé intervenes to put you in touch with the best hospitals in Turkey to allow you to benefit from affordable crown offers and quotations of dental crowns in Turkey; Istanbul, Izmir, and Antalya.
We're Here to Help.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- The implant placement session lasts 1 hour
- The whole process lasts between 4 and 7 days depending on the number of crowns to be made
- Total recovery after 2 to 3 days
- Result visible during the last session
- The lifetime is 5 to 20 years
Dental crowns indications
The dentist usually prescribes this dental treatment for the following purposes:
- Hide a stained or decayed tooth.
- Restore a broken or crooked tooth.
- Protect a weakened tooth.
- Restoring a devitalized tooth after channel treatment.
- Conceal a plumbed tooth.
- Hide a dental implant.
- Improve the appearance of the smile (dental crown front tooth).
What are the best types of tooth crowns?
Dental crowns are made from different materials. This divides these prostheses into several types, including:
- All-ceramic crowns: Ceramic crowns have a porcelain base and look very close to the natural teeth. Nevertheless, they crack under the pressure of hard foods. They are appreciated because they don't lead to an allergic reaction. Added to that, they sustain high temperatures.
- Metal-ceramic crowns: The metal structure provides better strength. These crowns have a longer life.
- Gold crowns: These crowns are less and less used because they have a too pronounced color. Gold is a precious metal; however, it is not so aesthetic.
- Metal crowns: These permanent crowns are resistant to wear and do not hurt the teeth in contact.
- Zirconia dental crowns (zirconium crowns): It is the newest dental treatment, manufactured by the most famous dental laboratories. Zirconia dental crowns are resistant and cheap crowns.
How long does a dental crown last?
The lifespan of a dental crown can vary depending on several factors, but typically they can last anywhere from 5 to 30 years with proper care. Here's a breakdown of the factors that affect their longevity:
- Material used: Material used: Crowns are made from a variety of materials, each with its strengths and weaknesses. Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are generally the most durable, lasting up to 30 years. All ceramic crowns are also strong and aesthetically pleasing but can chip or break more easily. Gold crowns are very durable, but are less popular because of their metallic appearance.
- Crowns location: Crowns placed on front teeth, which experience less chewing force, tend to last longer than those on back teeth.
- Oral hygiene: Brushing, flossing, and regular dental checkups are essential to maintaining the health of your crowns.
Tooth crowns process
The dentist takes an impression of the target tooth, places a temporary crown, and sends the impression to the laboratory. When it is ready, the temporary crown is removed and replaced with the new one.
Benefits of crowns
Dental crowns offer several benefits, including:
- Preservation of natural teeth.
- Satisfactory functional and aesthetic results.
- A relatively long lifespan, from 5 to 20 years, depending on the patient.
Disadvantages of dental crowns
The aesthetic results depend on the material of the dental crown. The most expensive crowns give the most satisfactory results. This is why you should think about asking the material to use for your teeth.
One of the disadvantages of this treatment is that its results can't be reverted.
Teeth crowns in Istanbul, Turkey: Affordable cost
The price of a dental crown can vary depending on several factors. Most importantly, it depends on the type of material used. A ceramic crown does not cost the same as a metal crown.
Dental crowns are poorly reimbursed by social security. To compensate for this low level of reimbursement, a dental mutual insurance company can reimburse you in exchange for monthly contributions.
Turquie Santé is committed to selecting the best dental clinics in Turkey to provide you with quality dental care at affordable rates.
Use the link below to get a free medical opinion and personalized quote.
Share this page
The tooth crown is a kind of cap that is placed to cover the visible part of the tooth.
- When the tooth is devitalized or damaged;
- When placing a dental implant: the crown will be fixed on the implant;
- When the person is not satisfied with the appearance of his teeth.
It is important to follow some recommendations in order to preserve your dental crown as much as possible, such as:
- Good dental hygiene
- Regular visits to the dentist to maintain the dental crown.
- Avoid chewing on foods that are too hard.
The success rate for fitting dental crowns in Turkey is 95%.
The lifespan of a dental crown depends primarily on the material used for its manufacture, but also on the dietary and oral hygiene habits of the patient. A crown can have a lifespan that varies from 5 to 10 years, depending on the case.
The best material used for making dental crowns is zirconium, while the outer part is ceramic. This guarantees the capsule a very high resistance, as well as an aesthetic incomparable to any other type of dental crown.
The dental crown is in fact a prosthesis fixed on a tooth compromised by a large decay, a fracture, or a root treatment.