What is a gingivectomy?
It is an aesthetic surgery that involves removal of the excess gingiva. This dental intervention is quite recognized in Turkey thanks to the presence of dental surgeons specialized in dental care and cosmetic surgery of the teeth.
Who is this procedure for?
- People with gingival fibrosis for undetermined cause
- People with gingival hypertrophy interfering for the construction of a tooth
- People suffering from gingival enlargement due to medication (ciclosporin, phenytoines, dihydropyridines ...)
- Tooth sensitivity
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The session lasts 10 to 30 minutes
- Stop bleeding from the second day
- Final result 3 to 7 days after the intervention
To whom we have to talk about gingivectomy?
It's the dentist who specializes in parontodal surgery who does this kind of surgery. The patient can arrange an appointment, the doctor performs a comprehensive stomatological examination to give advice on the feasibility of this cosmetic operation.
What are the benefits of cosmetic gingivectomy?
- Gingivectomy is a simple operation.
- It eliminates excess gingival tissue resulting from gingival hypertrophy.
- By this intervention we can correct the aesthetics by recontourning the gum.
What are the indications?
Cosmetic gingivectomy is indicated in the following cases:
- Gingival fibrosis of undetermined cause
- Gingival hypertrophy interfering with the construction of a tooth
- Gingival hypertrophy of drug cause (ciclosporin, phenytoines, dihydropyridines ...)
How is the operation in Turkey going?
First of all, the dentist performs the eviction measurements with a parontodal probe. Then, it reports the depth of the false gingival pockets by bloody points.
Then, he made incisions following a line parallel to the bloody points using an angled blade. The incision is made by following a continuous line in the gum. Finally, the dentist completes the incisions by releasing the gums at the level of the taste buds.
Are there any disadvantages to this intervention?
Like any surgery one can be confronted with complications.
During a gingivectomy we can have:
- A hemorrhagic complication by bleeding from the gum
- Significant pain in per and post operative
- Or a bone exposure
These complications are rare, but we should still note some. The likely medium-term complications are:
- Poor healing
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Or a risk of aesthetic damage
Gingivectomy cost in Turkey & Istanbul
Do you have any problems with your gum? Do not worry, Turquie Santé puts you in direct contact with the most recognized clinics in Turkey & Istanbul to offer you the best medical services. You can request your personalized quote to know the price of a Gingivectomy in Turkey.
We negotiate for you the best prices and the best services.
Compare quotes and prices of hospitals and clinics in Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara or Antalya for free, and make appointments free of charge.
Turquie santé will do its best to make the best prices available for your medical stay in Turkey. We collaborate with the most recognized hospitals in Istanbul, Izmir and Antalya