Gum tissue may sometimes overgrow which causes discomfort to some people. Added to that, individuals with excess gingival display (also known as gummy smile) think that their smile looks unattractive.
On the other hand, the mouth’s soft tissue may be subject to a periodontitis, which is a severe gum disease. The latter requires gum removal surgery.
Here come gingivoplasty and gingivectomy which are surgeries that involve removing the excess gingiva or the diseased gum. These periodontal surgeries are quite popular in the field of dental care in Turkey.
- People with gingival fibrosis for undetermined cause
- People with gingival hypertrophy interfering for the construction of a tooth
- People suffering from gingival enlargement due to medication (ciclosporin, phenytoines, dihydropyridines ...)
- Tooth sensitivity
- The session lasts 10 to 30 minutes
- Stop bleeding from the second day
- Final result 3 to 7 days after the intervention