A dental bridge is a fixed dental prosthesis intended to replace one or more teeth while relying on the teeth on either side of the missing dentition, creating a bridge. It is a dental care and orthodontic treatment performed by orthodontists for patients who suffer from tooth loss. Let’s take a look at a dental bridge's cost in Turkey, its peculiarities, and its advantages.
We're Here to Help.
- People missing one or more teeth
- People who would need to replace a missing tooth but could not have implant surgery
- People with difficulty chewing due to lack of teeth
- Inflammation of the gum
- The installation of the bridge in Istanbul lasts between 30 minutes and 1 hour
- Back to daily activities 3 to 7 days after placement of the bridge
- The average longevity of a bridge is around 15 years
Verified reviews of our patients for Dental Bridge
Thanks for your comment and we are waiting for your treatment.
Welcome We are very sorry for your evaluation The medical staff did their best to help you Your daughter was with you and she spoke English A very complicated operation w..
What are the Dental Bridge Types in Istanbul?
It is necessary to distinguish between the different types of tooth bridges, which will differ according to the preparation procedure. The dental bridges different types are:
- Fixed dental bridge: Fixed dental bridges create a filling tooth which is supported by crowns placed on healthy teeth on either side of the slot in the mouth to hold the bridge for a tooth in place. It is the most common type of bridge. It is generally made of porcelain melted on metal or ceramic.
- Cantilever bridge: Each type of bridge dental prosthesis is intended for a specific use. They are all used to replace missing teeth, but each has certain characteristics that make it preferable for particular situations.
- Complete dental bridges: Full implant-supported dental bridges are also more comfortable than conventional implants, providing you to maintain a more natural bite. A removable dental bridge: A removable bridge will conceal your tooth loss and restore your lost teeth. The false teeth are supported by a metal frame that attaches to the natural teeth or, in some cases, crowns attached to the natural teeth are used to hold the removable bridge in place.
Types of dental crowns used: gold, porcelain & zirconia crown
Different types of dental bridges change depending on the material from which the prosthesis is made. The three main types are:
- Gold (metal)
Gold crowns are a mixture of copper (Cu) and other metallic elements (nickel or chromium). The most important benefit of gold crowns is their resistance and longevity.
However, this crown type is not very popular today because of its unnatural color and appearance. Moreover, some people are allergic to copper, nickel, or chromium, which compels them to adopt the gold crown as the proper treatment.
Porcelain (Ceramic) Crown
It has been the most used crown in implant-supported bridges in recent years, completely made of porcelain material. This dental bridge type is so advantageous as it:
- Offers the best and the most realistic aesthetic;
- Meets your adjacent teeth in form, dimension, and color;
- Is the most suitable choice for front teeth restitution;
- Is biologically well-matched with your body (biocompatible).
Zirconium is a brand-new material that associates the strength of metals with the beautiful appearance of porcelain. High semitransparent zirconia and stratified zirconia crown has become very popular option nowadays. As it offers good aesthetics offering durable resistance. Indeed, the process of placing a zirconia crown won’t take long, because it can be refined and molded at the same dental clinic. It doesn’t necessitate to be sent to an external dental laboratory. In addition, as metal-free crowns, Zirconia crowns are biocompatible. However, a zirconia dental bridgecost is typically more expensive than other types of crowns.
What are the Advantages?
Dentists and orthodontists often indicate bridges rather than dentures for patients who have sufficient remaining teeth that are healthy. The latter represents ground tackle for bridges, unlike the dentures that must be placed on the gingival tissue using some kind of temporary sealer, which is not very safe.
However, this procedure has several other advantages. For example :
- It is less expensive than an implant: It does not need as much precision and is minimally invasive to put in place, which means that its price is cheaper than a dental implant. The price is one of the major reasons some patients choose bridges over implants.
- It is very aesthetic, it has a hue very close to real teeth: It is made to appear natural and to meet your remaining real dentition. A dental bridge will rejuvenate and beautify your smile like the Hollywood Smile procedure.
- No bone grafting is needed: The complete loss of the teeth makes the jaw bone lose its density (osteopenia). Bone grafting is a surgery used to fortify the mandible or the maxilla by replacing the existing bone with synthetic or animal fragments. On the other hand, bridges do not require this procedure.
- It is a less time-consuming option: Dental bridges are easier to place than other tooth restoration options because the patient doesn't need bone grafting. However, the doctor will put some implants to support the bridges, which are still faster to place.
Like any other dental procedure, dental bridges also have disadvantages, although there are not many of them. Among these disadvantages, we find:
- The sacrifice of two healthy teeth: The dentist will devitalize and trim healthy teeth on either side of the missing dentition
- In case of dentition root absence, the gum bone will retract, which will make the installation of a possible implant very difficult
- Bridge is not reimbursed by health insurance
How to put it?
The dentist will begin with a stomatological examination that aims to treat the edentulous area and extract any remaining teeth residues. Then, the dentist will make an impression of the patient's teeth with a paste, that will be sent to the prosthetist. After receiving the bridges, the tooth doctor will make an appointment with the patient to place the bridge on the gum.
How much does a Tooth Bridge Cost in Istanbul, Turkey?
The dental bridge cost includes the surgeon's fees, the bridge's cost, which depends on the material used, and the fees of any examinations. Turquie Santé negotiates the best prices for its patients.
We help you find the best dental bridge cost and the most advantageous conditions for your dental bridge surgery in Turkey, Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, and Antalya.
Share this page
Dental bridge: a fixed prosthesis intended to replace one or more missing teeth (dental agenesis).
The lifespan of a generic dental bridge varies between 5 and 15 years. If the wearer takes care of their oral hygiene, the chances of the dental bridge lasting at least ten years are quite high.
The bridge is a dental prosthesis made up of 3 crowns or more (false teeth) which makes it possible to fill the space left by a lost tooth. The 2 teeth next to the missing one are filed down and made smaller so that they act as pillars of the bridge. The prosthesis will then be bonded to these two teeth.
Dental bridges, which are single fixed prostheses, are frequently used to fill the void left by one or more lost teeth. It is one of the most popular dental surgery operations and ensures an excellent result so that you cannot tell the difference from the surrounding natural teeth.