A dental bridge is a fixed dental prosthesis intended to replace one or more teeth while relying on the teeth on either side of the missing dentition creating a bridge. It is a dental care and an orthodontic treatment for patients who suffer from tooth loss, and it is performed by orthodontists. Let’s take a look at a dental bridge cost, peculiarities and advantages.
- People missing one or more teeth
- People who would need to replace a missing tooth but could not have implant surgery
- People with difficulty chewing due to lack of teeth
- Inflammation of the gum
- The installation of the bridge in Istanbul lasts between 30 minutes and 1 hour
- Back to daily activities 3 to 7 days after placement of the bridge
- The average longevity of a bridge is around 15 years
What are the Types of Dental Bridge in Istanbul?
Be careful because it is necessary to distinguish between the different types of tooth Bridge, which will differ according to the type of preparation, lying, and longevity. The different types of dental bridges are:
- Fixed dental bridges : Fixed dental bridges create a filling tooth which is supported by crowns placed on healthy teeth on either side of the slot in the mouth to hold the bridge for a tooth in place. It is the most common type of bridge. It is generally made of porcelain melted on metal or ceramic.
- Cantilever dental bridges : Each type of bridge dental prosthesis is intended for a specific use. They are all used to replace missing teeth but each has certain characteristics that make it preferable for particular situations.
- Complete dental bridges : Full implant-supported dental bridges are also more comfortable and stable than conventional dentures, allowing you to maintain a more natural bite and chew ability.
- A removable dental bridge : A removable bridge will conceal your tooth loss and restore your lost teeth. The false teeth are supported by a metal frame that attaches to the natural teeth or, in some cases, crowns attached to the natural teeth are used to hold the removable bridge in place.
Types of dental crowns used: gold, porcelain & zirconia crown
There are different types of dental bridges. They change depending on the material from which the prosthesis is made. The three main types are:
- Gold (metal).
Gold (metal) crown
In fact, gold crowns are a mixture of copper (Cu) and other metallic elements (nickel or chromium). The most important benefit of gold crowns is their resistance and longevity.
However, this type of crowns is not very popular today because of their unnatural color and appearance. Moreover, some people are allergic to copper, nickel or chromium.
Porcelain (Ceramic) Crown
It is the mostly used crown in implant supported bridges in the recent years. It is completely created of porcelain material. Some of its advantages are:
- It offers the best and the most realistic aesthetic;
- It meets your adjacent teeth in form, dimension, and color;
- The most suitable choice for front teeth restitution;
- It is biologically well-matched with your body (biocompatible).
Zirconium is a brand-new material that associates the strength of metals with the beautiful appearance of porcelain. High semitransparent zirconia and stratified zirconia crown has become a very popular option nowadays.
Some of its advantages are:
- It offers good aesthetics;
- It is resistant and durable;
- The process of placing them won’t take long, because zirconia can be refined and molded at the same dental clinic. It doesn’t necessitate to be sent to an external dental laboratory;
- As metal free crowns, they are biocompatible.
However, a zirconia dental bridge cost is typically more expensive than other types of crowns.
What are the Advantages?
Dentists and orthodontists often indicate bridges rather than dentures for the patients who have sufficient remaining teeth that are healthy. The healthy teeth represent ground tackle for bridges, unlike the dentures that must be placed on the gingival tissue using some kind of temporary sealer which is not very safe.
However, this procedure has several other advantages. For example :
- It is less expensive than an implant : It does not need as much precision and is minimally invasive to put in place, which means that its price is cheaper than a dental implant. The price is one of the major reasons some patients choose bridges over implants.
- It is very aesthetic, it has a hue very close to real teeth : It is made to appear natural and to meet your remaining real dentition. A dental bridge will totally rejuvenate and beautify your smile like the Hollywood Smile procedure.
- No bone grafting is needed : The complete loss of the teeth makes the jaw bone lose its density ( osteopenia ). Bone grafting is a surgery used to fortify the mandible or the maxilla by replacing their bone by synthetic or animal bone fragment. Bridges do not require this procedure.
- It is a less time-consuming option : Dental bridges are easier to place than other tooth restoration options, because the patient don't need bone grafting. Although the doctor will put some implants to support the bridges, the latter are still faster to place.
What are the Disadvantages?
Like any other dental procedure, dental bridges also have disadvantages, although there are not many of them. Among these disadvantages we find:
- The sacrifice of two healthy teeth. The dentist will devitalize and trim healthy teeth of either side of the missing dentition.
- In the absence of the root of the dentition, the bone of the gum will retract which will make the installation of a possible implant very difficult.
- Bridge is not reimbursed by health insurance
How to put it?
The dentist will begin with a stomatological examination. This aims to treat the edentulous area and extract any remaining teeth residues. Then, the dentist will make an impression of the patient's teeth with a paste, that will be sent to the prosthetist.
After receiving the bridges, the tooth doctor will make an appointment with the patient to place the bridge on the gum.
How much does a Tooth Bridge Cost in Turkey and Istanbul?
The dental bridge cost includes the surgeon's fees, the price of the bridge, which depends on the material used, and the fees of any examinations. Turquie Santé negotiates for its patients the best prices.
We help you find the best dental bridge cost and the most advantageous conditions for your dental bridge surgery in Turkey, Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, and Antalya.
Share this page
Dental bridge: a fixed prosthesis intended to replace one or more missing teeth (dental agenesis).
The lifespan of a generic dental bridge varies between 5 and 15 years. If the wearer takes care of their oral hygiene, the chances of the dental bridge lasting at least ten years are quite high.
The bridge is a dental prosthesis made up of 3 crowns or more (false teeth) which makes it possible to fill the space left by a lost tooth. The 2 teeth next to the missing one are filed down and made smaller so that they act as pillars of the bridge. The prosthesis will then be bonded to these two teeth.
Dental bridges, which are single fixed prostheses, are frequently used to fill the void left by one or more lost teeth. It is one of the most popular dental surgery operations and ensures an excellent result so that you cannot tell the difference from the surrounding natural teeth.