What is a denture ?
The denture is a removable dental prosthesis intended to replace the teeth. There is still a denture attached to implants, as well as several types of removable dentures, stabilized by implants. Dental implants are titanium screws that are placed in the jawbone. Depending on the number and location of the implants, the denture can be completely fixed or removable, but at the same time stabilized by implants. Two to four dental implants make it possible to have a complete prosthesis that is more stable and retentive. Six or eight implants make it possible to create a fixed denture.
What are the indications ?
Indications for using a denture are:
- Loss of one or more teeth.
- After tooth extraction while waiting for healing.
- After the installation of an implant while waiting for its healing
What are the benefits of dentures ?
The denture allows the patient
- To keep an aesthetic mouth
- The possibility of chewing
In addition, the denture is comfortable, fixed, non-irritating and can be kept at night.
Besides, dentures have the advantage of being removable at any time. The teeth can be replaced very quickly. The prosthesis exactly matches the colour of the adjacent teeth and the shape of the missing tooth/teeth.
A denture also clearly has a financial advantage: most removable dental appliances are reimbursed 70% by the Health Insurance, this is not the case of dental implants.
What are the types of dentures?
Partial denture: It is used when one or more teeth are missing. It settles itself; using square brackets.
Complete denture: The complete denture is intended to replace all teeth. Full denture placement is the least expensive for edentulous patients, but this prosthesis can move in patients with low bone relief.
Flipper tooth: A dental strip is a good alternative to partial dentures. It's basically a pink acrylic plate with an artificial tooth. Dental flippers are extremely lightweight and very easy to use. All you have to do is put them in place and attach the snaps
How to maintain a denture ?
In order to maintain a dental prosthesis, it is necessary:
- Clean the denture every day to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Brush gently with a wet brush.
- Brush the mouth also in the gums, tongue, and natural teeth.
- Rinse after brushing, the use of mouthwashes is preferable for a feeling of freshness
- Do not use hot or warm water
- Keep the denture moist; outside, as it may lose its shape as it dries.
- You should never try to adjust the denture alone because you risk to damage it.
- Carefully maintain your dentures to ensure chewing and a beautiful smile.
- Finally, always check with the dentist.
Dentures cost in Turkey and Istanbul
The price of a denture in Turkey depends on the type of denture and the denture clinic. Turquie Santé connects patients to perform their dental interventions in Istanbul, Izmir or Antalya. We negotiate the cheapest dentures with experienced and qualified surgeons.
Last update : 02/04/2020