Dünyagöz Istanbul: International Eye Health Hospitals
Founded in 1996, Dünyagöz Hospitals Group is the first ophthalmological healthcare group in Turkey. The hospital is the first ophthalmological, JCI accredited, health facility in Turkey. The group has 20 world class clinics in the country and 5 clinics abroad, in the following countries:
- The Netherlands
Dünyagöz Hospitals Group offers deal with types of ocular issues in all ophthalmic branches using different treatment methods and modern technologies.
About Dünyagöz Ophthalmological Hospitals Group
The clinics in figures:
- doctors examine 8,000 daily patient;
- ocular surgeons perform 80,000 surgeries every year;
- The clinics count 2,500 medical staff;
- The number of ophthalmologists working in Dünyagöz is 200 eye doctor;
- The clinics treat 96,000 international patients from 107 countries annually.
Dünyagöz Centers are the first ophthalmic clinics in Turkey to perform bionic eye implant surgery. The group was also the first to employ the corneal cross-linking technique to treat keratoconus (corneal malformation).
Since its opening, the group specialists has dealt with over twenty thousands ophthalmic procedures.
Dünyagöz Hospitals have JCI (Joint Commission International) and ISO 9001 (TUV-SUD) accreditation regarding the high-quality of patients’ care.
Dünyagöz Istanbul: Ophthalmological specialized centers
The hospital has many eye clinics, each clinic is specialized a treatment of a type of vision problems.
General Vision Testing center
The ophthalmological checkup takes only 30 minutes. The examination consists on verifying the eyelids and lachrymal ducts as well as measuring the visual acuity.
For diagnosing glaucoma, ophthalmologists check the intraocular pressure. The eye doctor examines the eye fundus.
Cataract Surgery center
Ophthalmologists perform femtosecond laser cataract surgeries, a noninvasive method for the removal of opacified cataract. This type of procedure decreases the risk of complications and the time needed for the patient to heal.
Femtosecond laser cataract surgery lasts 15 minutes.
Eye Laser Surgery and IOL Implantation center
For vision correction, specialists employ an excimer laser. The success rate of vision correction with the laser is 98%. LASIK surgeries are the most effective refractive surgeries in ophthalmology. The Center is also specialized in intraocular lens implant procedure.
Vision correction with Eye Laser surgery
Ophthalmologists of the Hospital deal with hyperopia and myopia with the Kamra cornea implantation and eye laser surgery in Istanbul. Specialists of the Center employ these methods to correct refractive error due to ageing. This modern methods has less side effects than all the other ophthalmic surgical procedures.
The procedure of Kamra cornea implantation aims to replace the natural lens with an artificial one.
One of the research advisors of Dünyagöz Hospitals is the best Greek ophthalmologists Prof. Ioannis Pallikaris. The professor is the first one who performed Lasik eye surgery (vision correction with laser-assisted surgery). He is also the one who invented Epi-LASIK laser eye correction method.
Glaucoma Treatment Center
Glaucoma Treatment Center doctors use three techniques of treatment:
- Medications: Ophthalmologists administer medicine to decrease the intraocular pressure in a patient. If medication is not suitable for the patient, the doctor have recourse to the surgical intervention.
- Surgery: Eye doctors use surgery if medication is useless. The operation has no contraindications and is suitable for the patients of any age.
- Laser procedure: Ophthalmologists employ laser treatment of glaucoma if needed to prevent impairment of the vision.
The center of Amblyopia Treatment
Amblyopia (lazy eye disease) treatment process consists on:
- Covering the healthy eye with a special bandage to improve the lazy eye function;
- Special rehabilitation of the weak eye;
- Interactive software for 5 years old patients or older, including 11 games to ameliorate the lazy eye.
Dunyagoz Hastanesi Istanbul
Dunyagoz hastanesi Istanbul has rapidly grounded itself as one of the few outstanding global ophthalmological centers and hospitals in Istanbul. It enjoys constantly modernized and comprehensive technology, and experienced 300 members of medical staff.
Dünyagöz's mission is to:
- Use the latest and globally accepted technology and implement current diagnostic and treatment methods with competent and specialized members.
- Dunyagoz strives to continuously improve their quality standards in Turkey and abroad, to maintain eye health expertise and customer satisfaction.
The values of Dünyagöz are: