Implantology is a rehabilitation procedure for those who have lost their natural teeth, that uses an artificial component serving as a substitution for a root of a missing tooth. As this branch aims to restore missing teeth by inserting artificial roots made of biocompatible materials (titanium, ceramic, or zirconia) at the best price in our clinics in Turkey.
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
- Patients requiring replacement of one or more teeth with implants
- People with sufficient bone density and volume in the jaw
- The placement of the implant, or the crown lasts between 1 and 2 hours
- Crown placement 4 to 6 months after implantation
- Back to daily activities 3 to 7 days after implant placement
- The average lifespan of an implant is at least 10 years
Dental implant placement in Antalya & Turkey
Once placed in the jaw, the dental implant merges with the bone in an osseointegration. This fusion provides a stable foundation for a strong replacement tooth or dental prosthesis, such as a denture, bridge, crown or a full mouth dental implant. The latter, known as an endosseous implant, is a dental procedure that involves restoring lost teeth by using artificial roots to fix new custom-made teeth. It is a screw-shaped prosthetic root taking the place of a natural one.
Unlike dental bridges, implants do not affect the teeth. They provide perfect stability and prevent atrophy. For the placement of a dental implant, the gums and the maxillary or mandibular bone tissue must be in good health.
Typically, people for whom a dental implant is to be installed should undergo an x-ray examination of the mouth before the procedure.
By providing information on the anatomy of the maxilla and mandible (called dental impressions),this radiographic examination allows the dentist to create a dental implant adapted to the patient's needs and to plan with precision the various stages of the future installation.
Without performing an X-ray examination of the mouth, the fabrication and placement of a full mouth dental implant would be impossible.
Sometimes, although very rarely, x-rays of the mouth may not be enough; in the aforementioned circumstances, it is essential to perform a CT scan.
Implantology procedure stages
The insertion of the dental implant in the desired location is a fairly complex operation, the main steps of which are, in the following order:
- The incision of the gum and the lifting of a flap of it, to expose the underlying maxillary or mandibular bone.
- The drilling of the bone serves as a support for the endosseous screw.
- Insertion of the endosseous screw into the hole that has just been created. This is the most delicate moment of the whole procedure. The final solidity of the whole dental implant depends on a good insertion of the endosseous screw.
- Fixing the other components of the dental implant to the endosseous screw.
Note that the last step can take place either immediately after the placement of the endosseous screw (in this case, dentists speak of "immediate loading"),or a few weeks after the placement of the screw when the process is in the process of osseointegration.
In other words, the placement of the dental implant can be done in a single session or two separate sessions.
What are the different types of tooth replacement devices?
There are three common types of dental implants treatment:
- Endosteal implants: They are the most common kind of false root. They are suitable for the majority of patients. However, they necessitate a healthy jawbone to be inserted in. Shaped like screws, endosteal teeth prostheses are put into the jaw and the crowns are fitted onto them.
- Subperiosteal: They are the main alternative to Endosteal false roots. Instead of being implanted into the jawbone, a subperiosteal prosthesis remains on the bone, under the gingival tissue. This option is only suitable for patients who don’t have enough jawbone for an implant to be put in.
- Zygomatic: They are the least common type of prosthesis. It is a complicated process and should only be performed if you don’t have enough jawbone for the Endosteal implant. The prosthesis is implanted in the patient’s cheekbone instead of the jawbone.
Permanent prosthesis are already used to give extra strength to the jaw as the all on 4, all on 6 and all on 8 dental implants.
Success rate of teeth implant (all on 6, all on 8,…) in Turkey
The success rate of dental implants in Antalya and Turkey ranges from 90-95%. This usually depends on the implantation site. The patient recovers the luster of his teeth and chewing will become easier.
In general, a dental implant has an average lifespan of about 10 years. However, all on 6 and all on 8 dental implants can resist for up to 30 years.
Before indicating the placement of dental implants, the dentist checks the condition of the bone. If the quality and/or the quantity thereof is insufficient, the osseointegration of the implant does not take place.
What are the contraindications of tooth replacement?
Other pathologies must be taken into consideration before having a tooth implant like Heart disease, pregnancy, osteoporosis, diabetes, immunosuppression, and taking certain drugs, especially anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents. In such cases, precautions should be taken before starting the implant placement.
For large smokers, dentists in Turkey can refuse intervention because tobacco increases the risk of failure of osseointegration.
How to maintain these full-mouth dental implants?
The maintenance of a full mouth dental implant is simple. It is advisable to have an annual medical check-up and to brush your teeth at least twice a day with a good-quality brush, which must be renewed periodically.
The patient should consume only liquid foods for the first 3 days after the procedure. Then more and more solid foods are to be introduced gradually. In short, if one maintains adequate dental hygiene, issues are unlikely to emerge.
What are the alternatives?
If your jaw cannot support inserted dental devices, your dentist may suggest other alternatives, such as:
- Bone Grafting: Your tooth doctor will reconstruct the bone in your jaw. It’s also possible to use bone additives to straighten the bone.
- Sinus Lift: It involves grafting bone below the sinus if the bone there has deteriorated due to complete tooth loss.
- Ridge Enlargement: If your jaw is simply not big enough for an implant, your dentist in Antalya, Turkey or orthodontist can graft material to be added to a gap made along the upper side of your jaw.
- Immediate load Implant: It means a temporary placement of temporary teeth. On the same day, your implant is placed. This might be an alternative for you if you have enough bone in your jaw and have an implant safe enough to bear the pressure of the temporary tooth.
- All-On-4, All-On-6 & All-On-8: They are used as an alternative for placing a full set of dental bridges. Four, eight, or six dental devices are inserted into the jawbone. This technique usually does not need bone augmentation. A temporary set of false teeth can be put on the same day. You must follow a specific diet while the gingival tissue is still healing. After 6 postoperative months, a permanent set of replacement teeth will be placed, and you can finally start eating normally again.
- Hollywood Smile.
Full mouth dental Implants package cost in Turkey: Affordable prices & reviews
Prices of a dental implant package vary according to the requested dental hospital in Turkey and the case of the patient. You can request a tailor-made quote from a good medical team in Turkey and well-experienced dentists. Our platform allows you to communicate with the most recognized dentists of our partner dental clinics in the field of dental implants in Istanbul, Antalya, Ankara, or Izmir.
Dental clinics in Turkey offer all types of dental treatments. This diversity in the treatments offered, and their high quality, allow dental tourism in Turkey to thrive and provide the best patient care.
You can contact the counselors of Turquie santé for further information about full-mouth dental implant costs in Turkey. You can also consult our patients' reviews for more details on the procedure.
Share this page
In recent times, important innovations have been introduced, especially regarding the materials used to make the dental implants. A few years ago, abutments could be found exclusively in titanium. However, today there are also other materials that have undeniable advantages. Therefore, It is wrong to think that dental implants are all the same: the latest generations are made of ceramic and zirconia. In fact, they are innovative materials that allow you to overcome most of the limits of titanium.
A dental implant can be applied to all patients. However, the dentist will assess it on a case-by-case basis and suggest other alternatives that he/she considers more valid.
There is no incidental factor, except when it comes to teenagers because in this case it is necessary to wait until the bone development is complete.
To ensure that a dental implant remains intact and lasts longer, it is very important to carry out regular checkups every 3 months in which the dentist has the opportunity to examine the implant infrastructure and perform a professional oral hygiene.
Smoking is an extremely harmful habit to the dental implants as it can damage the contact between bone and implant. As a result, patients must stop or at least minimize cigarette consumption. There are many studies that show the correlation between dental implant failure and smoking.
Smokers are also more prone to develop infections immediately after surgery and have longer healing times. At Turquie Santé, we always inform our patients about the risks that smoking can cause to oral health.
The duration of a dental implant is difficult to determine because it depends on many factors. Following a set of basic hygiene rules and consulting regularly enable the dentist to control the results of the intervention. Therefore, dental implants will last for a long time.
The general rule is to always try to preserve and keep the teeth in place whenever possible. In all other cases, you must proceed with the extraction to try to safeguard the mouth and its health.
Dental implants are intended for patients who have missing teeth and wish to replace them with artificial ones. The patient must have sufficient bone density and healthy gums.
Local anesthesia is applied in dental implant surgery, usually injected into a nerve near the tooth area.
The time required for a dental implant procedure varies from 2 to 6 months.
The cost of a dental implant varies depending on the complexity of the operation, but in general it ranges from 250 to 550 euros.