More and more adults and children are using braces in Turkey and Istanbul: it is estimated that between 25 and 30% of adults and children would start orthodontic treatment (dental care). There are several types of devices such as aligners and dental splints. In which cases to wear them? What are their types? What are their drawbacks? Where to find the best dentist in Istanbul Turkey? These questions will be answered by Turquie santé.
We're Here to Help.
- People who worry about the uneven appearance of their teeth
- People concerned about an overbite or underbite
- Canker sores
- Eating difficulties
- Hollywood smile
- Dental veneer
- Adjustment requires multiple treatment sessions
- The installation lasts approximately 30 minutes
- Final result after 6 months to 2 years
What are Dental Braces?
Contrary to common thinking, it is likely to adjust your teeth at any age. Nowadays, more and more adults are taking this step! Today, they are the source of more than 47% of orthodontic treatments. To meet this growing demand, new types of dental aligners have evolved in recent years. In the collective imagination, braces necessarily have brackets, but this is false: other types exist today.
In which cases to wear them in Turkey and Istanbul?
Dental Braces in Turkey are inevitable in many cases. Such as abnormalities, dental misalignment, when there is not enough space between the teeth, when teeth overlap, when there is a dento-maxillary disharmony, or dental diastema. Braces guarantee the alignment of the teeth and their right function. As an example, in the case of malocclusion (when the opposite teeth do not meet well, because the upper and lower jaws are not correlated) or overbite, symptoms can occur like cracking of the jaws. This can lead to the aging of the teeth. In this case, the brace is suggested for medical reasons so that the deficiency does not increase.
At what age can children wear them?
Today, orthodontic treatments start earlier. Children are followed from an early age. It is occasionally possible to start at around the age of 4-5 if the child has difficulty chewing or if it is difficult to breathe. The intervention of the orthodontist is carried out in collaboration with that of the ENT. The treatment of children with cleft palates sometimes starts even beforehand.
In general, we believe that it is at the age of 7- 8 that a child should consult an orthodontist or a dentist. During the first appointment, either is it too early and the patient will be reviewed later for a second visit, or the child needs an interceptive orthodontic treatment lasting approximately 6 months. These interceptive treatments aim to cure a growth gap in the jaws or a problem of abnormal tooth development (a tooth that evolves in the wrong place may damage other teeth or hinder their evolution).
What are the kinds of Dental Braces?
Braces are a useful method for both children and adults to straighten their teeth. There are several diverse categories of dental aligners.
- Metal Braces: They are the most frequent traditional braces. They are the most visible type of aligners. They are made of brackets which are small steel elements attached to the external face of the tooth and connected with a metal bar.
- Ceramic aligners: They are used in the same way as metal braces. However, they are less apparent.
- Lingual Braces: Lingual dental braces are identical to traditional braces. The only difference is that it is put on the inside of the teeth. Lingual braces cannot be seen, that is why they are appreciated for this aesthetic benefit. The only disadvantage is the discomfort felt at the beginning of the treatment.
Are there any disadvantages to wearing them?
Many patients wonder about the pain and discomfort that could appear after wearing braces, especially if these discomforts can endure throughout treatment. The patient may actually perceive pain and discomfort when he/she chews and speaks after the braces are placed. The tongue and cheek muscles will get accustomed to the new device during the first weeks or months after setting a brace.
Braces for Teeth Straightening in Turkey: Cost & Reviews
The Cost of dental braces in dental clinics in Turkey relies on the sophistication, the duration of the treatment, and the type of appliance selected. Be aware that Social Security no longer refunds aligners. Therefore, it is better to ask for your free quote with Turquie santé. We will provide you with the least expensive prices for your braces in Istanbul, Turkey, Ankara, Izmir, and Antalya.
The reviews of our patients are available to help you decide. You can also have a free consultation and a personalized quote from the link below.
Share this page
There are several cases where braces are needed, such as :
- Overlapping teeth
- No space between the teeth
- A dental diastema
- maxillofacial disharmony
To clean your braces properly, you should never wash them in your mouth. Here are some recommendations to follow to have clean braces:
- Rinse the appliance with cold or lukewarm water and strictly avoid hot water
- Place the appliance in a bowl filled with vinegar for 2 to 5 minutes to disinfect it from bacteria
- Scrub the denture with the toothbrush and rinse it again
For children, the ideal age to wear braces is between 10 and 14 years old, when permanent teeth appear and the jaw continues to develop.
For adults, braces are effective.
There are other types of devices that can replace braces such as :
- Ceramic brackets
- Lingual braces
The main types of braces are :
- Braces: are composed of brackets attached to the teeth and connected by a wire, they can be made of steel, ceramic, or resin.
- Lingual braces: the brackets are attached to the back of the teeth
- The aligners: are invisible and removable
The cost of braces depends on the type of braces and the complexity of the alignment of the teeth.
You can request a detailed estimate from our consultants.
The time needed for the correction of the teeth alignment varies depending on the age and dental pathologies of the patient and it can take from 1 to 2 years.