What is a stomach cancer? Treatments in the Best Hospitals and Clinics
Stomach cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancerous) cells form in the lining of the stomach. Age, diet, and stomach diseases affect the risk of stomach cancer. Symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion and discomfort or stomach pain. This disease can be treated in the best hospitals and clinics in Turkey and Istanbul.
What are the symptoms?
The signs and symptoms of stomach cancer are as follows:
- Feeling bloated after eating.
- Feeling full after eating small amounts of food.
- Intense and persistent heartburn.
- A strong indigestion always present.
- Constant nausea without apparent cause.
- Stomach aches.
- Constant vomiting.
- Unintentional weight loss.
What are the causes?
The causes of stomach cancer are:
- Family history of gastric cancer.
- Gastric infection with Helicobacter pylori.
- Have some previous pathologies or stomach surgery.
- Dietary pattern lacks fruit and vegetables.
- Foods high in salt or canned.
What are the The Different Types of Stomach Surgery?
In cancer treatment in Turkey and Istanbul, different types of doctors often work together to create a comprehensive treatment plan for patients combining different types of treatments. This is called a multidisciplinary team. For stomach cancer, this team can include the following doctors:
- A gastroenterologist, a doctor specializing in the digestive tract, including the stomach and intestines.
- A surgeon or oncologist surgeon, a doctor specializing in the treatment of cancer through surgery.
- A clinical oncologist, a doctor who specializes in the treatment of cancer with drugs.
- A radiation oncologist, a doctor specializing in the administration of radiotherapy to treat cancer.
- A pathologist, a doctor who specializes in the interpretation of laboratory tests and the evaluation of cells, tissues, and organs to diagnose diseases.
- A radiologist, a doctor specializing in the use of imaging tests to diagnose diseases.
Cancer treatment teams include various other health professionals, such as medical assistants, oncology nurses, social workers, pharmacists, consultants, dieticians, and others.
Stomach tumor can be treated by surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy. The common types of treatment for stomach cancer are as follows. Your plan of care may also include treatment for symptoms and side effects, an important part of cancer care.
Various elements such as the patient's preferences along with overall health, the kind, and stage of cancer will determine the therapy options.
How is the surgery performed?
Surgery is part of the treatment of many stages of stomach cancer, if possible. If a patient has stage 0, I, II or III cancer and is healthy enough (often with other treatments), then surgery offers the only realistic chance of curing stomach cancer.
Depending on the type and stage of stomach cancer, an operation is likely to remove the cancer and some or all of the stomach, as well as some nearby lymph nodes. The surgeon will try to leave the stomach as normally as possible. Sometimes it will also be necessary to collect other organs.
Even if the cancer is too widespread to be completely eliminated, patients can benefit from surgery because it could help prevent tumor bleeding or prevent tumor growth from blocking the stomach.
Usually, the type of operation depends on the part of the stomach where the cancer is located and the amount of cancer in the surrounding tissues. To treat stomach cancer, different types of surgery can be used:
- Endoscopic resection.
- Partial gastrectomy.
- Total gastrectomy.
- Setting up a feeding tube.
- Ablation of lymph nodes.
- Palliative surgery for unresectable cancer.
Healing in Turkey and Istanbul in the best Clinics and Hospitals
The existence of a stomach cancer requires urgent surgery to remove the cancerous mass, a number of chemotherapy and irradiation sessions as well as medications.
Turquie santé is an online platform allowing you to put in direct contact with the most recognized specialists in the cure in the best hospitals and clinics of stomach cancer in Istanbul, Izmir, or Antalya. Turquie Santé helps patients who want to improve their appearance with cosmetic surgery to find the plastic surgeon that best suits their needs.