Stomach cancer is a disease in which malignant or cancerous cells form in the lining of the stomach. Age, diet, and stomach diseases affect the risk of stomach cancer. Stomach cancer symptoms include indigestion and discomfort or stomach pain. This disease can be treated in the best hospitals and clinics in Turkey and Istanbul.
Even if the cancer is too widespread to be eliminated, patients can benefit from surgery. This could help prevent tumor bleeding or prevent tumor growth from blocking the stomach.
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
Stomach Cancer Symptoms in Females & Males
Generally, the Stomach cancer symptoms in females and males are the following:
- Feeling full and bloated after eating small amounts of food;
- Intense and persistent heartburn;
- strong indigestion always present;
- Constant nausea and vomiting without apparent cause are the most common stomach cancer symptoms;
- Stomach aches (early stage symptom of stomach cancer);
- Losing weight.
What do Stomach Cancer Symptoms in Females include?
The stomach cancer symptoms in females include all the previous ones, added to that:
- Weight Loss;
- Abdominal pain;
- Vomiting blood (advanced stage symptom);
What are the causes?
The causes and risk factors that may lead to the onset of signs of stomach cancer are:
- Family history of gastric cancer;
- Gastric infection with Helicobacter pylori may increase your risk of getting gastric cancer;
- Have some previous pathologies or stomach surgery;
- The dietary pattern lacks fruit and vegetables;
- Foods high in salt or canned;
The Different Types of Stomach Cancer Treatments in Turkey
In cancer diagnosis and treatment in our clinics and hospitals in Turkey, different types of doctors often work together. They aim to create a comprehensive treatment plan for patients by combining different types of treatments. This is called a multidisciplinary team. For stomach cancer, this team might include the following physicians :
- A gastroenterologist, a healthcare professional in digestive disorders, such as stomach and intestine issues.
- A surgeon or oncologist surgeon, a doctor specializing in the treatment of cancer through surgery.
- A clinical oncologist, a doctor who specializes in the treatment of cancer with drugs.
- A radiation oncologist, a doctor specializing in the administration of radiotherapy to treat cancer.
- A pathologist, a doctor who specializes in the interpretation of laboratory tests, and the evaluation of cells and tissues to diagnose diseases.
- A radiologist, a doctor specializing in the use of imaging tests to diagnose diseases.
Which Types of Therapies are used in Gastric Cancer?
Cancer treatment teams include various other health professionals, such as medical assistants, oncology nurses, social workers, pharmacists, consultants, dieticians, and others.
Stomach tumors can be treated by surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy. The common types of treatment for stomach cancer are as follows. Your plan of care may also include treatment for symptoms and side effects, an important part of cancer care.
Various elements will determine the therapy's option, such as:
- The patient's preferences;
- His overall health;
- The kind and the stage of cancer.
Types of Surgeries that are performed for Stomach Cancer in Turkey
Usually, the type of operation depends on the location of cancer in the stomach. It also depends on the amount of cancer in the surrounding tissues. To treat stomach cancer, different types of surgery can be used:
- Endoscopic resection: This surgery is performed with a long, narrow tube with a light, a camera, and other tools;
- A Partial gastrectomy: This surgery consists of the surgical removal of a portion of the stomach;
- A Total gastrectomy: This procedure consists in removing the entire stomach;
- Setting up a feeding tube;
- Ablation of lymph nodes;
- Palliative surgery for unresectable cancer (cancer that cannot be removed completely).
How is Gastric Cancer Surgery performed in Turkey & Istanbul?
Surgery is part of the treatment of many stages of stomach cancer, if possible. If a patient has stage 0 to III cancer and is healthy, surgery offers the only chance of curing stomach cancer.
Depending on the type and stage of stomach cancer, the doctor may remove cancer and some or the entire stomach. He can also remove some nearby lymph nodes. The surgeon will try to leave the stomach as normally as possible. Sometimes it will also be necessary to collect other organs.
The cost and the prices of the treatment are variable, they depend on the type of therapies used and the stage of cancer.
Gastric Tumour Treatment prices: the best Clinics and Hospitals in Turkey & Istanbul
The existence of stomach cancer requires:
- Urgent surgery to remove the cancerous Tumour;
- Several chemotherapy sessions;
- Radiation sessions as well as medications.
Turquie santé is an online platform allowing you to be in contact with the most recognized specialists. We also help you find your cure in the best hospitals and clinics for stomach cancer in Istanbul, Izmir, or Antalya at an affordable cost.
Share this page
Surgery (total or partial gastrectomy) is the main treatment for gastric cancer in our clinics in Turkey. Chemotherapy before and after surgery is sometimes necessary.
The human being can live without a stomach, however, he must adopt new hygieno-dietetic habits, which can be mentioned as follows:
- Divide your meals over the day into 5 or 6 small meals, and chew the food well before swallowing it;
- Take care of your teeth and monitor your oral hygiene;
- Lie down after meals;
- Drink at an interval of half an hour before or after meals;
- Avoid alcoholic drinks;
- Remove sweet foods (honey, jams, candies, cakes),frozen or too hot foods, cooked fat, fibrous vegetables (cabbage, spinach, Jerusalem artichokes) as well as the peel and grains of the fruit;
- Eat foods rich in protein: meats, fish, eggs;
- Consume the following foods: butter and oils without cooking, Gruyere, rice and corn, cassava starches, raw apples;
- Avoid cigarettes.
The chances of survival for stomach cancer discovered in the early stages are 71% to 80%. For stomach cancer discovered in stage 2, the chances of survival are 33% to 70%.
For stage 3, the chances of survival are 19% to 32%. As for stage 4 stomach cancer, 4% to 18% of patients survive.
Targeted therapy may be indicated for patients with advanced or metastatic gastric cancer as a complementary treatment to chemotherapy.
Recent studies have shown that Pembrolizumab (an antibody used as an anticancer medicine) could be considered as a complementary therapy in the treatment of gastric adenocarcinoma in our clinics Turkey.