What is Bone Cancer?
Primary bone cancer is a rare type of cancer. This type of cancer can occur in children, adolescents, and adults as well. Children are more likely to be affected by this cancer, but adults over 40 are rarely influenced.
It is able to begin in the long bones of the knee, femur, tibia, and the upper arm. It is one of the most serious cancers.
What are the Different Types?
There are four types of bone cancer which are:
- Osteosarcoma: This is the most known type of bone cancer.
- Ewing sarcoma: It is unknown in Africa and Asia.
- Ewing’s sarcoma: It is unknown in Africa and Asia.
- Sarcoma of axis cells: It is rare with about eighty cases every year.
- Chondrosarcoma: This type of cancer can be found in the middle aged and those who are between the age of 40and 50. It affects women and men.
What are the Clinical Signs?
The signs of bone cancer are Bone pain and Fractures
What are its Symptoms?
Bone cancer can affect different bones in different parts of the body. Bone cancer does not present neither signs nor symptoms.
- Bone pain that does not disappear in the evening (painful swelling).
- Weight loss.
- Bone that breaks easily.
- Difficulty moving a limb.
- Swelling and inflammation in the affected area.
What are the Causes?
The exact origin of bone cancer is unknown, but there are factors that are capable of causing a risk of growth of any cancer. like Treatment by radiotherapy or Genetic factors.
What are the possible treatments?
The possible treatments are:
- Chemotherapy: it reduces the tumor mass.
- The operation is required to remove the tumor.
- Cementoplasty is the injection of cement into the broken vertebra of the tumor in order to reduce pain.
Surgery as the main treatment
The essential treatment for bone cancer is urgent surgery that involves removing tumor cells. The surgery depends on the position of the tumor, the size, the stage of cancer, and the nature of bone cancer.
Cure Bone cancer in Turkey, Istanbul, Izmir, and Antalya
With Turquie santé, you benefit from the best care plans to cure your illness at any stage. Do not wait to send your medical file to our partner clinics in Istanbul, Izmir, or Antalya. They will answer you as soon as possible with the treatments to carry out and tailor-made quotes for your particular case.
Turquie Santé offers its patients the best cosmetic surgery service in Turkey. The cheapest prices and costs of your medical stay will be provided by our agency.