Morbid Obesity can be a disability that is very hard to experience for people who are dealing with it. Fortunately, you can change your life forever by undergoing a weight loss surgery in our partner clinics and hospitals.
Bariatric surgery intends to reduce the amount of food ingested by reducing the size of the stomach. It also aims to decrease the sensation of hunger. In fact, several solutions exist to solve this problem, but the most effective and widespread is the “sleeve gastrectomy”.
Who is this procedure for?
- Patients with a BMI bigger than 35
- Obese patients linked to other health problems such as diabetes, sleep apnea, heart disease
- Patients with low self-esteem due to their physique
- Nausea and vomiting
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The operation lasts between 2 and 3 hours
- Return to work 2 weeks after the operation
- Back to sport one month after the operation
Obesity Surgery: Sleeve Gastrectomy Cost & Review
Sleeve gastrectomy or “calibrated vertical gastroplasty with gastric resection” is the most popular cosmetic procedure that treats obesity. It consists in permanently removing part of the stomach, thus forming a narrow calibrated tube. This operation has three objectives:
- Reducing the amount of food the person consumes.
- Acting on the hormone ghrelin which is responsible for hunger.
- Acting on the taste perception of the patient.
We will help you find the best cost of Sleeve Gastrectomy in Turkey and Istanbul based on real patients’ reviews.
Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
The surgeon performs Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy or LSG surgery in a hospital’s operating room, under general anaesthetic. He will make five small incisions in your abdomen. He or she will perform the surgical intervention using a narrow, extendable, telescope with a small camera at the end. The surgical instruments introduced through the small cuts will extract about 80% of your stomach.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
The LSG procedure is a minimally invasive surgery, so its recovery time is shorter compared to other weight loss surgeries. The first 2 postoperative years, most patients will lose between 40% and 50% of their weight. If you are morbidly obese with a BMI of 60 or more, you may lose about 125 pounds (ca 57 kg) of excess weight.
Studies also show that if you have obesity-related problems like:
- High blood pressure;
- Sleep apnea;
- High cholesterol.
You have about a 75% chance that these conditions will also improve.
Risks of LSG surgery
Any Bariatric surgery comports some risks and side effects. Laparoscopic surgery is a shorter weight loss procedure than other types of weight loss surgeries such as gastric bypass. With Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, you have a 5% risk for complications such as:
- Discharge of stomach’s secretions from where it has been withdrawn;
- Pulmonary embolism that occurs from blood clots that are formed in the legs' blood vessels;
- Limited diameter of the new stomach;
- Poor absorption of nutrients.
Procedure in Turkey & Istanbul
Before a few weeks of the procedure of gastric sleeve, some steps must be taken, such as:
- A detailed report containing the consultations with the surgeon to evaluate the state of the patient;
- A meeting with the psychiatrist;
- Nutritional consultations with the nutritionist doctor;
- A consultation with the cardiologist, a blood test.
During the few days preceding the operation, the patient must follow a strict diet based generally on yogurt and water. Then he/she must fast for 12 hours before surgery to facilitate the work of a doctor. The surgeon performs this operation under general anesthesia and lasts 2 to 3 hours with 3 days of hospitalization.
The weight loss after the operation is of the order of :
- 4 kg per month, during the first 6 months;
- From 2 to 4 kg per month after 6 months.
Does this Intervention Present Risks?
The operation of sleeve gastrectomy can treat obesity as well as other types of diseases such as diabetes. It also helps you obtain the beautiful body that you always dreamed of.
Its complications are rare: anaesthetic risk, risk of bleeding, vomiting, and nutritional deficiencies.
Gastric sleeve is a very effective operation that helps fight against obesity to have a beautiful silhouette. However, it requires continuous post-operative and nutritional monitoring.
Cost of a Gastric Sleeve in Turkey & Istanbul
The cost of a gastric sleeve intervention in Turkey and Istanbul remains acceptable compared to prices in Europe. Turquie Santé negotiates for you the best conditions and price offers for your gastric intervention in Turkey or Istanbul.
Share this page
It is the most widely used method in bariatric surgery. Sleeve gastrectomy, also called tubular gastrectomy, is removal of a part of the stomach, that aims to reduce its size.
After the sleeve gastrectomy, the feeling of hunger decreases greatly and weight loss becomes easier.
- Sleeve gastrectomy is a permanent and irreversible solution
- This surgery does not require as much follow-up as the gastric band or gastric balloon surgery.
- The weight loss after a sleeve gastrectomy is greater and faster compared to gastric band or balloon.
The success rate of sleeve gastrectomy in our clinics in Turkey is 95%.