Implants are a good alternative to replace the missing teeth and in some cases to maintain a dental prosthesis. They were long composed of a metal, the tetane, recently replaced by zirconium.
What is zirconium?
It is zirconium oxide, an element found in the earth's crust.
This material is 100% biocompatible, since it is comparable to the adult tooth in its characteristics. In reality, the inner part of the crown to be implanted is made of zirconia while the outer part is made of ceramic. This combination offers better resistance.
How are the qualities of zirconium oxide superior to those of titanium?
In comparison with other conventional implants, especially in titanium, zirconium implants offer many more advantages.
- Biocompatibility: Zirconium is biocompatible, so it has no impact on the immune system and causes no allergic reaction.
- Better Strength: Zirconium is more elastic, densified by sintering to improve its physical properties and become more resistant to fracture and cracking.
- Low density: They are very resistant but also lighter.
- Osteo integration with the bone: Thanks to its rough surface, the zirconium integrates solidly with the bone.
- Aesthetics: Thanks to the ultra-white color and unlike the tetanium, zirconium does not reflect this unpleasant greyish appearance.
- Resistance to bacterial adhesion: The risk of bacterial colonization is almost zero. This limits bone loss and ensures faster healing.
- Low thermal conductivity: this quality allows the patient to eat comfortably cold and hot foods.
- Survival rate: The shelf life is long with an average rate of 95%.
The limits of the use of implants:
Low availability and high cost remain a barrier to spreading the use of zirconia implants.
The trend is to impose zirconium implants in Turkey as an alternative to metal implants given their advantages.
What are the signs of failure?
Signs of failure are very rare with zirconium. The presence of at least two of the following is testament to failure: pain, implant mobility, fissure, fracture or bacterial implantitis.
How to maintain the implants?
Maintenance consists of good dental hygiene, twice-daily brushing with a quality toothbrush that must be renewed. A regular visit to the dentist is highly recommended.
What are the contraindications?
Osteoporosis is a contraindication. People with diabetes or heart disease may also be contraindicated. A specialized opinion in advance would be necessary. Heavy smokers and alcoholics are bad candidates for this therapy.
Price of zirconium implants in Turkey and Istanbul
With Turquie Santé, you get a cheap price for zirconium implants, We negotiate for you the best prices and service so you come back to your home country with excellent health.
Last update : 02/04/2020