What is Kidney Cancer?
We can consider kidney cancer in Turkey as one of the most widespread cancers. Adults between the ages of 60 and 70 are generally more concerned with this type of cancer. The prevalence (number of people affected by a given disease) is low among individuals under the age of 50.
Cancer can be treated, if it is taken care of quickly. However, if the diagnosis is late and the cancer has spread beyond the renal system, the treatment of the cancer becomes tougher.
What are the symptoms?
Kidney tumors cannot hurt or show signs. Sometimes growth in the kidney can cause:
- Blood in the urine.
- Pain in the side, abdomen or back that does not go away.
- The lump in the abdomen.
- Loss of appetite and weight for no known reason.
- Anemia and fatigue.
If the cancer extends beyond the kidney, the symptoms depend on where it spreads. Short breathing or coughing up blood may appear when the cancer is in the lung. Pain or broken bones can happen when the cancer is in the bone. Neurological symptoms can occur when the cancer is in the brain.
How to treat it?
The treatment plan in Turkey that you choose with your doctor depends on several factors:
- The level and stage of the tumor.
- Your age.
- Your anatomy.
The solutions include:
- Removal of the kidney tumor (gel or heat).
- Surgery to remove the tumor (s).
- Targeted therapy to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy or biological therapy to destroy tumor cells.
- Radiation therapy to relieve pain and symptoms.
When kidney cancer is identified early, the chances of a surgical remedy are good. Overall, the perspective depends on two things:
- The degree of aggressiveness of cancer cells: the disease in grade 1 is less aggressive. It is less likely to spread to other organs. Grade 4 disease is more aggressive with a higher probability of spread.
- How far the tumor has spread: If the tumor does not touch any lymph nodes or other nearby tissue, there is a good chance that it will be cured. Additional treatments would not be necessary. If the cancer has spread, your doctor will likely recommend additional treatment.
What is Wilms' tumor?
Wilms' tumor is a rare kidney cancer that is highly treatable. It can affect both kidneys, but usually develops in just one. Doctors believe that the tumor begins to grow as a fetus develops in the uterus, with certain cells that should form in the kidneys instead of forming a tumor.
Cheap Treatments in Turkey and Istanbul
The average cost of kidney cancer treatment is very high in countries like France and the United States.
Turkey and Istanbul are known worldwide for their advanced medical facilities and promising technology for the treatment of kidney cancer. Many of the best hospitals for kidney cancer treatment can be found in Ankara, Izmir, Antalya, Turkey and Istanbul.
The cost of kidney cancer treatment with Turquie santé is much lower than in any other country