People who do not see well at near or far away distances encounter many problems in everyday life such as computer work, practicing sports, and driving ... They are forced to wear glasses or contactlenses to correct their vision. Fortunately, this is a thing of the past because laser eye surgery has made it possible to permanently correct eye anomalies: the Relex Smile in Istanbul, Turkey is your optimal solution!
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
- People with stable visual acuity for one year
- Patients with myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism
- Patients wishing to get rid of glasses and contact lenses
- Dry eye
- Visual blurs
- Lasik surgery
- About 20 minutes for both eyes
- Back to daily activities the day after the operation
- Removal of glasses or contact lenses immediately after the operation
- Full recovery after one month
All about Relex Smile in Turkey
Laser eye surgery, RELEX (Refractive Lenticule Extraction) SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction),is a new technique for the treatment of myopia and astigmatism in Istanbul and Antalya, Turkey. It is performed in some ophthalmology clinics and uses the latest scientific developments in laser eye surgery.
The Relex Smile femtosecond laser technology is the latest advancement in refractive surgery in the world. It is a minimally invasive technique that offers great benefits to the patient.
Compared to other laser techniques, Relex Smile is the technique that causes the least change to the ocular surface (less dry eye). It also preserves the external structure of the cornea.
The incision in the RELEX SMILE technique is smaller than in other techniques, and therefore the risk of infection is lower.
Who is this procedure for?
This laser-guided eye surgery is contraindicated for people with:
- Unstable visual defects.
- Diseases that may cause poor healing.
- Excessive scarring or keloid formation (raised scars).
- Corneal lesions or disease (such as keratoconus).
- Unstable glaucoma.
- Unstable diabetes.
- Previous eye disease or eye surgery.
- Recurrent eye infections.
If you're not a candidate for the SMILE RELEX procedure, your ophthalmologist can discuss other laser eye surgery alternatives with you.
Intervention process in Istanbul & Antalya, Turkey
If you are considering ReLEx SMILE surgery in Istanbul or Antalya, it's essential to choose an experienced and qualified ophthalmologist or eye surgeon. Be sure to have a thorough discussion with the surgeon about the surgery details, your expectations, and any concerns you may have before proceeding. For up-to-date information on ReLEx SMILE surgery in Antalya or to find a qualified eye surgeon, Turquie Santé recommends reputable eye care clinics and hospitals in the region.
The Relex Smile procedure, performed in Istanbul and Antalya, lasts 20 minutes and is performed under local anesthesia in 3 steps:
- Step 1: The surgeon cuts the lens with the Visumax Femtosecond laser. This will provide the shape and volume needed to correct visual acuity.
- Step 2: The surgeon removes the corneal flap through the narrow tunnel without touching the superficial layers of the cornea.
- Step 3: The thin layer of corneal tissue is removed to reshape the cornea. It changes the way light is filtered by the cornea and thus the way the eye is corrected.
After the Relex Smile procedure, it is highly recommended to rest for 3 or 4 hours with the eyes closed. The patient should also be given anti-inflammatory and antibiotic treatment.
The advantages of the Intervention in Vision Correction
The goal of this refractive surgery is to correct your shortsightedness, astigmatism, or both, and to ameliorate your vision. After this refractive surgery, you may get rid of your eyeglasses or contact lenses.
The Relex SMILE procedure eliminates all the disadvantages of other laser procedures and has several advantages:
- Possible treatment for anyone suffering from dry eyes with rapid healing, thus limiting the risk of infection. Quick and safe treatment: there is no risk of loss or removal of the hood after the operation. It is carried out in a few minutes and the person can continue his activities the next day.
- Precise operation: the Visumaxfemtosecond laser works exactly in the micrometer range, which facilitates the surgeon's work.
This procedure is harmless because of the Femtosecond optical device used to make a 3D representation of the defective eye. ReLEx SMILE is also approved by the American FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
ReLEx SMILE vs LASIK?
LASIKis one of the first laser eye surgeries that aim to remodel the cornea. Adding to that, this procedure works for all types of visual defects (ametropia). SMILE is a newer laser-guided procedure with fewer complications. It is even minimally invasive compared to LASIK, but it’s only suitable for people with myopia and astigmatism.
Unlike Lasik where two lasers are used to operate.
In 100% laser Lasik, the surgeon first uses the femtosecond laser to cut the corneal flap and then the excimer laser to correct the vision.
With Relex Smile, there is no cutting of the flap. This detail encourages patients, especially those who have been directly exposed to trauma, to opt for this technique. The patient does not need to wear an eye bandage or patch after the procedure. On the other hand, they can resume their daily activities the next day.
SMILE eye surgery in Istanbul & Antalya, Turkey: Price & Reviews
The price of RELEX SMILE laser surgery in Istanbul and Antalya depends on several factors, such as the surgeon's fee, the ophthalmological clinic, and the patient's eye problem. In general, the price of a RELEX SMILE laser surgery varies between 2000 and 2400 Euros.
You can ask for your free quote and specify your health condition to get the most advantageous prices for your eye surgery in Istanbul Turkey.
You can also get a free consultation and the opinion of our doctors from the link available below.
We will help you find the best prices for your laser eye surgery and cosmetic surgeries in Istanbul Turkey,based on a real review.
Share this page