People who do not see well from close or far away distances encounter many problems in everyday life such as computer work, sports, driving ... They are forced to wear glasses or contactlenses to correct vision. Fortunately, this is a thing of the past because laser eye surgery has made it possible to permanently treat eye abnormalities: the Relex Smile in Istanbul, Turkey is your optimal solution!
- People with stable visual acuity for one year
- Patients with myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism
- Patients wishing to get rid of glasses and contact lenses
- Dry eye
- Visual blurs
- Lasik surgery
- About 20 minutes for both eyes
- Back to daily activities the day after the operation
- Removal of glasses or contact lenses immediately after the operation
- Full recovery after one month
All about Relex Smile in Turkey: Cost & Review
Laser eye surgery, Relex (Refractive Lenticule Extraction) Smile (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction),is a new technique for treating myopia and astigmatism in Turkey. It is performed in some eye clinics and uses the latest scientific developments in laser eye surgery. RelexSmile in Istanbul, Turkey is different from other types of laser treatments in that it does not cut the corneal flap (Cover).
Process of intervention in Istanbul Turkey
The intervention of Relex Smile lasts 20 minutes and is performed under local anesthesia in 3 steps:
- Step 1: The surgeon cuts the lenticule with the Visumax femtosecond laser. This will provide the shape and volume needed to correct visual acuity.
- Step 2: The surgeon removes the corneal disk through the narrow tunnel without touching the superficial layers of the cornea.
- Step 3: the elimination of the thin layer of corneal tissue, which aims to reshape the cornea. It modifies the way of light filtering by the cornea and therefore the correction of the eye.
After the operation of Relex Smile, a rest of 3 or 4 hours with closed eyes is strongly requested. Also, the patient should be given anti-inflammatory and antibiotic care.
The advantages of the Intervention in Vision Correction
The goal of this refractive surgery is to correct your shortsightedness, astigmatism, or both, to ameliorate your vision. After this refractive surgery, you may get rid of your eyeglasses or contact lenses.
The Relex SMILE procedure eliminates all the disadvantages of other laser procedures and has several advantages:
- Possible treatment for anyone suffering from dry eyes with rapid healing, thus limiting the risk of infection. Quick and safe treatment: there is no risk of loss or removal of the hood after the operation. It is carried out in a few minutes and the person can continue his activities the next day.
- Precise operation: the Visumaxfemtosecond laser works exactly in the micrometer range, which facilitates the surgeon's work.
This procedure is harmless because of the Femtosecond optical device used to make a 3D representation of the defected eye. ReLEx SMILE is also approved by the American FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
ReLEx SMILE vs LASIK
LASIKis one of the first laser eye surgeries that aim to remodel the cornea. Adding to that, this procedure works for all types of visual defects (ametropia). SMILE is a newer laser-guided procedure with fewer complications. It is even minimally invasive compared to LASIK, but it’s only suitable for people with myopia and astigmatism.
What are the contraindications for this refractive surgery?
Who is this procedure for?
This laser-guided eye surgery is contraindicated for people with:
- Unstable visual defects
- Disease that can cause poor healing
- immoderate cicatrization or keloid formation (raised scars)
- Cornea lesions or disease (such as keratoconus)
- Unstable glaucoma
- Unstable diabetes
- Previous eye disease or eye surgery
- Recurrent eye infections
- Or for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
Your ophthalmologist can inform you about other alternatives to this laser-guided eye surgery in case you are can't undergo the SMILE procedure.
Eye exams in Turkey
To decide whether you are a candidate for this procedure, your ophthalmologist will execute some eye exams before the surgery, including:
- First, the eye doctor will check the overall health of your eyes
- Then, he will measure your cornea
- After that, he will the size of your pupil
- Finally, the eye doctor will measure your shortsightedness and astigmatism
ReLEx SMILE Cost in Istanbul Turkey: Price & Review
The price of a Relex Smile depends on the clinic or the hospital. You can request your free quote and specify your state of health to get a free customized estimation of the cost of your eye surgery in the best clinics and hospitals partner with Turquie Santé. We will help you find the cheapest prices for your laser eye surgery and cosmetic surgeries in Istanbul Turkey,based on a real review.
Share this page