People who do not see well from a close or far away distances encounter many problems in everyday life such as computer work, sports, driving ... They are forced to wear glasses or lenses to correct vision. Fortunately, this is a thing of the past, because laser eye surgery has finally treated eye anomalies: the Relex Smile
Who is this procedure for?
- Healthy people with stable visual acuity for one year
- Patients with myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism
- Patients wishing to get rid of glasses and contact lenses
- Dry eye
- Visual blurs
- Relex Smile
Intervention or treatment's duration
- About 20 minutes for both eyes
- Back to daily activities the day after the operation
- Removal of glasses or contact lenses immediately after the operation
- Full recovery after one month
Relex Smile: clinical course of the intervention in Turkey & Istanbul
Laser eye surgery, Smile (Small Incision Lenticular Extraction), is a new technique for the treatment of myopia and astigmatism. It is performed in a small number of ophthalmic clinics and uses the latest scientific developments in laser eye surgery. Relex Smile differs from other types of laser treatments in that it does not cut the corneal flap (hood).
The intervention of Relex Smile lasts 20 minutes and performed under local anesthesia in 3 steps:
- Step 1: The surgeon cuts the lenticule with the Visumax femtosecond laser to provide the shape and volume needed to correct visual acuity.
- Step 2: The surgeon removes the corneal disk through the narrow tunnel without touching the superficial layers of the cornea.
- step3: the elimination of the thin layer of corneal tissue which corrects the shape of its surface and modifies the way of light filtering by the cornea and therefore the correction of the eye.
After the operation Relex Smile, a rest of 3 or 4 hours with closed eyes is strongly requested accompanied by anti-inflammatory and antibiotic care.
The advantages of Relex SMILE :
The Relex Smile procedure eliminates all the disadvantages of other laser procedures and has several advantages:
- Possible treatment for anyone suffering from dry eyes with rapid healing thus limiting the risk of infection.
- Quick and safe treatment: there is no risk of loss or removal of the hood after the operation, it is carried out in a few minutes and the person can continue his activities the next day.
- Precise operation: the Visumax femtosecond laser works exactly in the micrometer range which facilitates the surgeon's work.
Price of the intervention in Turkey & Istanbul
The price of a Relex Smile depends on the clinic, you can request your free quote and specify your state of health in order to offer you the cheapest prices for your cosmetic surgery in Turkey.