Presbyond is the latest generation of techniques for correcting the patient’s visual impairment while significantly increasing the depth of field of the treated eye. It is based on the precise optical measurement of the patient, his age, and the determination of the dominant eye.
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
People who suffer:
- Visual defects
- Corneal transplant
- 15 minutes
What is a presbyond femtosecond laser?
A Presbyond (femtosecond) laser is a presbyopia treatment technique that involves modifying the shape of the cornea using the femtosecond laser and excimer laser to correct defects associated with myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia.
Since 2013, the presbyond laser has included two new parameters:
- Consider the patient’s primary spherical aberration before surgery
- Functional age of lens corresponding to patient adaptability
Through personalized treatment, the Presbyond provides a perfect visual acuity without using glasses, keeping the depth of the field of vision and readjustment for all distances.
The advantages of Presbyond in Turkey
Opting for a presbyond laser treatment represents some opportunities. Regardless of the associated optical defects (myopia, hyperopia, and/or astigmatism),this technique of presbyopia surgery is only suitable for presbyopia patients, that is to say, patients wearing only myopia glasses.
The Presbyond laser preserves visual quality, especially at a distance. The results are permanent. Moreover, the opinions of the patients of Turquie Santé have reported many benefits, and they are generally happy to no longer rely on their optical prosthesis (it is glasses or contact lenses) and to feel freer. They no longer have to worry about forgetting to wear glasses.
The presbyond opportunities in Turkey focus on the following advantages:
- Personalized treatment for each patient after multiple pre-surgical investigations and tests.
- Correction of pure presbyopia and astigmatism.
- Independence from glasses in most cases, vision recovery is good at all distances.
- This is a painless surgical technique.
- This is the least invasive surgical technique of all surgical alternatives for the treatment of presbyopia, following the same protocol as Femtolaser.
- No decrease in contrast or nocturnal halos.
- Results are immediate, good visual acuity after surgery improves over the days.
Laser treatment presbyond femtosecond in Istanbul, Turkey prices
The preoperative phase
Before undergoing Presbyond surgery, and to determine if this treatment is appropriate for your case, it is necessary to perform a set of specific ophthalmological examinations, targeted on several anatomical features of your eyes:
Automated refraction and keratometry
- Visual acuity measurement
- Pupil and corneal diameter measurements
- Performing corneal topography
- Pentacam corneal tomography exam
- Corneal tachymetry
- Examination of the posterior segment
- Examination of the visual field
- Assessment of intraocular pressure
During the intervention
Following these investigations and correlating the results, your doctor in Turkey will advise you on the best suitable solution for your situation.
On the day of the femtosecond laser operation, the eye is anesthetized with drops and a device is installed on your eye to keep it open during surgery. The procedure consists of 5 steps. The first step is to use the femtosecond laser to create the flap in the outer layer of the cornea. Then you are moved under the excimer laser and the ophthalmologist opens the flap with a special spatula and lifts it. The fourth step is an optical correction using the excimer laser, by reshaping the exposed corneal bed. And finally, the surgeon repositions the flap.
Generally, the operation lasts about 15 minutes and is done in both eyes during the same session. Then you’re free to go home and come back for a follow-up the next day.
Turquie santé will recommend to you the best clinics in Istanbul, Turkey with the cheapest prices.
Share this page