Robotic surgery, an innovative surgical approach, represents a major advancement in the field of medical care with significant implications. It brings remarkable progress in the treatment of patients, especially those with cancer, and provides valuable assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
Robotic Surgery: What is it?
Robotic surgery, also known as robotic-assisted surgery, refers to all surgeries performed using advanced technology. It is performed with the use of highly technological machines that allow the doctor to perform operations in an extremely precise manner.
Robotic surgery consists of the use of a sophisticated surgical platform that is able to reproduce, through miniaturization, the movements of the human hand inside the body cavities, in the operating room.
This type of surgery allows doctors in Turkey to perform many types of complex interventions with more precision, flexibility, and control than conventional techniques. Robotic surgery was originally associated with urology, but over the years it has spread to other specialties, such as gynecology, general surgery, etc.
The Da Vinci Xi
The DA Vinci Xi is the most advanced robotic system available in Turkey today.
It can perform surgeries in various medical disciplines: urology, visceral and digestive surgery, thoracic surgery, gynecology, and oncology. It offers the possibility to perform even very complex operations through small incisions with high precision.
Thanks to the integration of high-definition 3D vision and instruments that allow greater freedom of movement than the human hand, the millimeter precision is far superior to that of traditional laparoscopic surgery.
Da Vinci Xi procedures in Turkey
With the Da Vinci Xi robotic system, it is possible to perform these main gynecological procedures in Turkey:
- Treatment of malignant endometrial tumors with sentinel node identification.
- Correction of vaginal vault prolapse.
- Deep endometriosis with or without bowel resection.
- Gynecological surgery in obese and morbidly obese patients.
Finally, it is also widely used in cases of pathologies related to the prostate and kidneys, such as:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Prostate cancer.
- Kidney tumor.
How does it work?
The Da Vinci robotic system transforms hand movements into finer and more precise movements of small instruments placed inside the patient's body. The surgeon, positioned next to the patient, controls and manipulates the entire process by activating the binocular HD camera and guiding the instruments needed to perform the surgery, including an electrosurgical device designed to make ultra-precise incisions.
Although often referred to as a "robot," the Da Vinci System cannot operate alone. The entire operation is performed by a physician.
The Da Vinci technique allows the surgeon to perform complex surgeries with only a few small incisions. This allows you to return to normal life more quickly, without the recovery time normally associated with major surgery.
The MAKO Robotic System
The MAKO is also a high-tech robotic platform used primarily for prosthetic surgery in orthopedics, which differs from the techniques currently used by greater precision, accuracy, and reproducibility of the surgical act.
The machine is designed to resurface all major joints.
With the MAKO robotic system, it is possible to perform the main orthopedic surgeries for the treatment of:
- Post-traumatic osteoarthritis of the knee caused by untreated injuries.
- Vascular necrosis of the knee.
- Coxarthrosis after a traumatic event.
Advantages of Robotic Surgery in Turkey
The advantages of robotic surgery in Turkey are for both the surgeon and the patient.
Advantages for the Surgeon
For the surgeon, the robotic system :
- Provides more comfort in performing various surgical procedures due to the ergonomics of the console, without compromising the accuracy of the procedure.
- Compared to traditional laparoscopic technology, robotic surgery can provide a stable 3D vision and operability of instruments on all levels of the environment. Therefore, the control of these instruments is extremely precise and has excellent filtering, making it almost impossible for any tremor of the operator at the console.
- Allows easy access to generally difficult anatomies, regardless of the surgical specialty.
Benefits for the patient
From the patient's point of view, depending on the type of surgery he/she is undergoing, this new technology:
- Requires fewer incisions.
- Significantly reduces post-operative pain.
- Limits blood loss and the need for transfusions.
- Reduces the likelihood of surgical site infections.
- Significantly shortens recovery time while promoting a faster return to normal activity.
- Reduces hospital stays, resulting in significant financial savings.
Cost of Robotic Surgery in Turkey
The cost of robotic surgery in Turkey can vary depending on several factors, such as the complexity of the procedure, the duration of the surgery, the medical specialty, the equipment used, and other costs associated with pre- and post-operative care.
The exact price of a robotic surgery procedure depends on each patient's specific situation and negotiations with the medical facility. In this respect, Turquie Santé guarantees you the best prices for robotic surgery in Turkey.
Share this page