A colectomy is a surgical procedure that removes all or part of the left colon or Doritos. The colon is part of the large intestine in the form of a long, tube-like organ located at the end of the digestive tract. Colectomy may be necessary to treat and prevent diseases and conditions that affect the colon.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis)
- Colon Cancer
- Difficulty with colonic diverticulum (herniation of the colon mucosa mainly on the sigmoid colon)
- The infection
- In particular scar abscess because the colon contains a lot of bacteria
- The colostomy operation lasts between 1h30 to 3 hours depending on the operating difficulties
- You can resume eating gradually the day after the procedure