All you need to know about this Rheumatic Disease
Osteoarthritis in Turkey and Istanbul is a widespread disease that affects millions of people around the world (men and women), mainly people between the ages of 40 and 50 years. It is characterized by pain, stiffness, and functional loss. It results from the decay of the cartilage that covers the ends of the bones at the joints.
What are the types and causes?
Osteoarthritis disease affects many of the joints such as the knees, neck, hip and thumb.
Osteoarthritis of the knee
Osteoarthritis of the knee is the most common type of arthritis. Although it can occur even in young people, the chances of developing osteoarthritis of the knee increase after the age of 45.
According to Turquie santé, more than 27 million people worldwide suffer from knee osteoarthritis, the knee being one of the most affected regions. Women are more likely to have osteoarthritis than men.
Cervical osteoarthritis is extremely common. Over 85% of people over the age of 60 are affected. The disease most often causes pain and stiffness in the neck - although many people with cervical osteoarthritis have no noticeable symptoms. In most cases, cervical osteoarthritis responds well to conservative treatment including medication and physiotherapy.
How does it affect the hip joint?
Patients with hip osteoarthritis sometimes have walking problems. Diagnosis can be difficult at first. Indeed, pain can appear in different places, including the groin, thigh, buttocks or knee. The pain can be sharp and sharp, or it can be dull, and the hip is often stiff.
What is the Rhizarthrosis?
Rhizarthrosis or thumb osteoarthritis is a degenerative condition that involves the articulation of the first finger of the hand (thumb) causing palpation pain and limiting movement. It is the result of the cartilage wear between the first metacarpal (base of the thumb) and the trapezium.
How is Osteoarthritis Treated today?
Osteoarthritis is a very painful disease that has a negative impact on daily activities and can in some cases cause disability. It is treated by multiple methods and treatments that depend on the infected area:
- Drugs: drugs are essential to treat osteoarthritis such as paracetamol, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, intra-articular injections of steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (steroids), or hyaluronic acid.
- Sports: when pain is severe rest is essential. But, several exercises can treat osteoarthritis such as walking, cycling, and some gymnastic movements. Weight loss can also improve the quality of life of the infected person.
- Natural remedies: in the majority of cases, drugs are not enough to treat osteoarthritis, but they must be accompanied by natural remedies such as nettles, essential oils, glucosamine, and chondroitin.
Treat your Disease in Turkey and Istanbul
In some cases, performing a surgery in Turkey would be necessary to remedy the osteoarthritis. It is the orthopaedic doctor who would be able to tell you whether to go to Turkey and Istanbul or not to have the required treatment.
- Multispecialized hospital
- 7 operating rooms
- Capacity é of 170 beds
- Grand Hospital founded in 1999
- 200 Beds
- 53,000 square meters
- Ultra Modern New Hospital
- Multispecialized hospital
- VIP class