Hemorrhoidal pathology is dysfunction related to the inflammation of the hemorrhoidal veins, the hemorrhoids, which slip out of their natural seat in the anus due to the sagging of the rectal mucosa. In some cases, a blood clot (clot or thrombus) forms, which amplifies the painful symptoms.
The dysfunction can affect internal and external hemorrhoids, located around the anus. Hemorrhoids are a common condition. It is estimated that about half of people over 50 have had, more or less acutely, a hemorrhoid problem.
Laser hemorrhoids operation in Turkey is a new procedure for outpatient treatment of hemorrhoids, in which the hemorrhoidal arterial flow supplying the hemorrhoidal plexus is interrupted by laser coagulation.
- Patients with hemorrhoids, and cannot get rid of them after non-invasive methods
- Patients with very large internal or external hemorrhoids
- Urinary retention
- The surgery lasts no more than 30 minutes
- Back to work after 10 days
- Back to sport after 2 months
Hemorrhoids: What Are They?
Hemorrhoids are cushions of richly vascularized tissue, present in the terminal part of the rectum, near the anus. Hemorrhoids are firmly anchored to the wall of the anal canal, thanks to fibrous ligaments which hold them in place.
Their function is to contribute, with the anal sphincter, to evacuation and continence, therefore to the ability to retain feces, liquids, and gases. Under normal conditions, their presence is not felt, but their excessive swelling generates discomfort and symptoms such as prolapse, pain, burning, itching, or bleeding.
The term hemorrhoids referred to both the venous structures and the dysfunction, more properly referred to as hemorrhoidal pathology or disease.
What are the risk factors for hemorrhoidal pathology?
Inflammations of hemorrhoids can affect men and women of different ages, for various reasons.
Hemorrhoidal disease is multifactorial, therefore caused by the combination of several contributing causes, such as:
- Unbalanced diet low in fiber with low water intake that prevents the proper functioning of the intestine. This results in alterations of the alvus (constipation/diarrhea) which are irritating to the hemorrhoidal plexus.
- Chronic constipation: during defecation, increased effort and prolonged sitting on the toilet promote irritation of hemorrhoids.
- Pregnancy: In many cases, women are more prone to hemorrhoidal diseases. In particular, women can develop hemorrhoidal diseases during pregnancy or immediately after childbirth. This occurs as a result of increased pelvic pressure related to the presence of the fetus and hormonal changes related to the pregnancy itself.
- Sedentary lifestyle, the habit of smoking tobacco and practicing certain sports, such as horse riding or cycling.
- Obesity and overweight. Medicines: contraceptives and laxatives.
- Other concomitant pathologies such as portal hypertension resulting from cirrhosis, certain pelvic tumors, or prostatic hypertrophy.
Other factors causing or promoting hemorrhoids are:
- Maintain an upright posture for long periods.
- Habit of sitting on the toilet bowl for long periods, for example when reading.
- Defecation too early or postponed for various reasons.
- Personal and family history of vascular fragility and tendency to varicose veins, even in other parts of the body.
What are the symptoms?
Among the most important symptoms of hemorrhoids, we can mention:
- Feeling of discomfort in the anus;
- Pain during defecation;
- Presence of rectal hyperplasia;
- Mucus goes down through the anus;
- Feeling of heaviness in the anus.
Hemorrhoids aren’t always perceptible to the naked eye. Only when they spread out, they can appear red or stained bumps or lumps.
Four kinds of hemorrhoids exist:
- Internal hemorrhoids;
- External hemorrhoids;
- Prolapsed hemorrhoids;
- Thrombosed hemorrhoids.
Most hemorrhoids aren’t severe, and you may not cause any symptoms. Only 5 percent of people with hemorrhoids suffer from pain and discomfort. The surgical treatment is only needed in case the hemorrhoids become disabling.
Hemorrhoids surgery: Laser treatment
Laser hemorrhoidoplasty is an operation performed in Turkey at the cutting edge of technology. It is a minimally invasive treatment that provides quick relief and eliminates painful symptoms.
The advantage of using a laser rather than a scalpel for this cut is that lasers instantly close the incision by coagulating blood and eliminating bleeding.
During the surgery in Istanbul Turkey, the surgeon inserts surgical forceps into the anal canal to remove hemorrhoids. Then, he cuts and removes part of the rectal wall or uses a laser beam. Finally, the surgeon tightens it with small metal clips and puts it inside the rectum.
Hemorrhoids Surgery: Recovery & side effects
The hemorrhoid surgery does not exceed 30 minutes, and in most cases, patients return to their homes on the same day. However, stopping work is mandatory for at least 10 days after the operation.
This treatment is the radical solution to completely get rid of the pain. However, you may experience some side effects during recovery.
How do alleviate the side effects of this surgery during recovery?
The patient should wash the wounds with water and very mild soap twice a day. He should avoid using toilet paper and rubbing it at the anal level. The patient must also avoid consuming spicy food, drink alcohol, and coffee, and eat fat-rich meals.
Exercise is very necessary after the operation. The patient should also:
- Eat fresh green vegetables;
- Consume fruits;
- Eat salads;
- Add whole bread to his meals;
- Consume cereals;
- Avoid stress.
Hemorrhoidectomy: Cost & Price in Istanbul Turkey
Turquie santé allows you to communicate directly with the most famous specialists and doctors in Turkey. Our partner health professionals have international experience in medical services and hemorrhoid treatment in Istanbul and Izmir in Turkey.
You can be sure of getting the best medical advice and the best treatment plan.
Is this surgery covered by health insurance?
The hemorrhoidectomy or hemorrhoidopexy procedure can be covered by most insurance plans. However, many private health insurances do not reimburse surgical procedures in other countries.
To get the right information, we advise you to talk to your insurer before undergoing this surgery.
How much does Hemorrhoidectomy Cost in Turkey?
The Hemorrhoidectomy cost and price in Turkey can vary depending on the patient's condition and the clinic.
With Turquie santé’s assistance, you will benefit from the best care plans for treating your illness at any stage. So, by asking for your quote, you will benefit from important health services discounts in our medical centers, clinics, and hospitals in Turkey.
Share this page