Chest X Ray in Turkey and Istanbul
Radiography in Turkey and Istanbul is a very advanced technique commonly used to examine the chest, organs, and structures in the chest (lungs, heart, major arteries, etc). This technique is used to detect the presence of an illness and determine its position, type, and the treatment method.
Who is this procedure for?
- Patients with chest pain
- Patients suffering from cancer, fracture, intestinal obstruction, lesion ...
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- CT scan of the whole body
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The procedure only takes a few minutes
- Exit and back to daily activities the same day, immediately after the x-ray
The beginning of the chest X ray
The chest X-ray is indicated in several cases such as: cancer, fracture, intestinal occlusion, bacterial infection and inside the bones, lesion, and osteomyelitis... X-rays can penetrate living matter and thus observe the interior of the body.
This technique takes place in a few steps:
- First, the discussion with the radiologist before the procedure is important for a good physical and psychological preparation.
- On the day of the procedure, arrive a little early for a good preparation. Take off all clothes, remove all jewellery, and glasses.
- During the operation, the radiology technician enters you into the machine and a plate that creates the digital image. He will ask you to move in different positions to have a complete picture.
Thus, the images obtained at the end of the procedure vary according to the density of the tissues crossed by the X-rays.
The risks of radiography
Radiology is not a painful technique and does not present a risk if it is performed once or twice. However, repeating this technique several times can damage healthy cells and cause cancer. Eye cataract and burning of the skin will be the result of excessive X-ray exposure.
Pregnant women should inform the physician before performing radiology as it may cause negative effects on the fetus and the same thing for breastfeeding.
Radiography is a quick and easy exam that helps you to identify several health problems. But, there are several other reviews that are more useful like scanner and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
What are the expected results in Turkey and Istanbul?
Chest radiograph does diagnose cancer. In the event of an anomaly or suspicious lesion, other tests will likely be prescribed, including mammography (if not already done) or biopsy.
Ask for your free quote with Turquie santé
Start your medical stay by requesting a quote. Our customer service will help you find the clinic or hospitals that best suit your needs and desires.
Why you will be supported in case of health problems?
Turquie santé allows you to benefit from the best of the health system in Turkey. Our medical team accompanies you in a personalized way in all your health issues.
In 50% of cases, your medical diagnosis or treatment could be optimized. It is important to inform you that not all hospitals or treatment centres are equal. Some of them are more or less adapted to your illness.
Medicine is becoming more and more specialized. It is sometimes difficult to obtain reliable information and to find the right doctor for your needs.
For your health, put all the chances on your side with Turquie santé.