What is Adjustable Gastric Band surgery?
Gastric band surgery is a common type of weight loss surgery (bariatric) for people who are significantly overweight (obese). It's about putting an adjustable band around the top of your stomach, which means you can't eat as much. This helps you lose weight.
- Patients with a BMI bigger than 40
- Morbidly obese patients who cannot lose weight with diet or sport
- Patients with type 2 diabetes
- Blood clot
- Allergies to general anesthesia
- Band leakage
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastrice Balloon
- The operation lasts between 45 minutes and 1 hour
- Return to work 1 week after surgery
- Back to sports activities 3 to 5 weeks after the operation