What is Gastric Band Surgery?
Gastric band surgery is a common type of weight loss surgery (bariatric) for people who are significantly overweight (obese). It's about putting an adjustable band around the top of your stomach, which means you can't eat as much. This helps you lose weight.
Who is this procedure for?
- Patients with a BMI bigger than 40
- Morbidly obese patients who cannot lose weight with diet or sport
- Patients with type 2 diabetes
- Blood clot
- Allergies to general anesthesia
- Band leakage
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastrice Balloon
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The operation lasts between 45 minutes and 1 hour
- Return to work 1 week after surgery
- Back to sports activities 3 to 5 weeks after the operation
How does a gastric band work?
The doctor creates a small pocket at the top of your stomach above the gastric band. When you eat, this part of the stomach becomes full immediately, making you feel full sooner than usual and longer. This reduces the amount you eat and helps you lose weight.
Your surgeon can tighten or loosen the gastric band by injecting fluid into a tube connected to the band. This affects the speed at which food passes from the pocket to the bottom of the stomach. This will ensure that you are losing the right amount of weight regularly.
Successful fitting of a gastric band depends on following a healthy lifestyle after the operation, including changing your eating habits and being more active.
Turquie santé has shown a success rate of over 85% for the gastric band, but it should be noted that the operational monitoring program is of paramount importance for achieving such good results.
These results are also supported by the experience of 10 years of Turquie santé, confirming a very low complication rate.
The decision of surgery
It is important to understand exactly what gastroplasty is, including any complications and what to expect next.
If you are considering having a gastroplasty, your doctors will tell you. They will also tell you about other types of weight loss surgery you may have, including a sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass surgery. Your surgeon can help you decide what is best for you.
Complications of gastroplasty
Complications are unexpected problems that can occur during or after the procedure.
Possible complications of any procedure include an unexpected reaction to anesthesia, excessive bleeding or a blood clot. The other common complications of gastric banding are:
- Infection around your gastric band, the tube under your skin, or one of your wounds. Your skin may appear red or tender if this happens.
- Injury to the stomach or other nearby organs, such as the liver or spleen, during surgery.
- Your gastric band can slip out of place, leak and deflate, or slowly work its way through your stomach wall. If any of these events occur, the ring will need to be repositioned, removed or replaced.
- If you lose weight too quickly, you can develop gallstones. These can be painful and you may need surgery to remove them.
What is the price of the gastric band in Turkey and Istanbul?
So now you are probably asking yourself the following question: how much does a gastric band cost? Your health is perhaps the most important thing in your world right now. However, the cost of putting on a gastric band is perhaps the most pressing issue for many overweight patients.
Contact us with the details of your chosen dates. Once we have confirmed availability. Turquie santé will send you a quote to secure your spot and we will get to work on creating your tailor-made and effective hypnosis weight loss plan.