Metabolic surgery has become a revolutionary and transformative medical discipline in recent years, providing those with metabolic diseases and obesity with a new lease on life.
Turquie santé provides you with the most skilled surgeons and top clinics in Istanbul, Turkey, at an affordable cost.
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
- Obese people
- People with diabetes
- Allergy to general anesthesia
- Gastric ring leakage
- 90 minutes
- Return to work a week after surgery
- Return to sporting activities 3 to 5 weeks after the operation
What is metabolic surgery?
Globally, the prevalence of diabetes is rising to the point where the illness is regarded as a non-infectious pandemic. Metabolic surgery also called weight loss surgery, is a surgical procedure in the gastrointestinal tract, where the main objective is to treat diabetes, and as a consequence, obesity, which is also closely associated.
In this surgery, the patient undergoes a change in the digestive system, similar to gastric bypass, which promotes changes in the production of gastrointestinal hormones, which begin to better regulate diabetes.
This metabolic surgery is aimed at patients who have type 2 diabetes that is difficult to control (use of several medications and even high doses of insulin) and a BMI (Body Mass Index) greater than 30, characterizing obesity.
To undergo surgery, they need to be undergoing treatment and have no success controlling blood sugar even when taking medication regularly.
Through metabolic surgery, it is possible to control some types of diseases in addition to diabetes, such as obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol, and fatty liver.
Types of weight loss procedure in Istanbul, Turkey
The laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic gastric bypass are the most frequent types of metabolic surgery procedures performed in Istanbul, Turkey. These are keyhole operations that are minimally invasive and resemble the weight loss procedures that are frequently performed on obese people.
Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
Sleeve gastrectomy is considered one of the types of surgical treatment used to lose weight. It is also referred to as a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. The most common method for doing this treatment is laparoscopic, which entails making several tiny incisions in the upper belly through which tiny devices are inserted. After a sleeve gastrectomy, around 80% of the stomach is removed, leaving behind a stomach that resembles a banana in size and form.
Laparoscopic gastric bypass
Known by many as a Roux-en-Y procedure, gastric bypass surgery is carried out laparoscopically using extremely tiny incisions. Through the incisions, the surgeon inserts tiny instruments and a tiny camera. The surgical team observes a monitor that has a camera connected to it while carrying out the operation. Less tissue injury, fewer complications, and an earlier hospital discharge are the outcomes of the little incisions.
What are the benefits of metabolic surgery in Turkey?
The benefits of metabolic surgery encompass:
- Loss of weight: With metabolic surgery, significant weight loss that lasts a long time can be accomplished.
- Enhanced management of diabetes: Type 2 diabetes significantly improves with major weight loss following surgery, and remission is conceivable.
- Reductions in further obesity-related problems: Related disorders such as asthma, sleep apnea, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease have improved.
- A higher standard of living: The procedure's weight loss also helps to improve quality of life and overall wellbeing.
Life following a weight-loss surgery
Although metabolic surgery can result in significant weight loss, it can't cure obesity by itself. After surgery, you'll need to make a commitment to altering your lifestyle permanently in order to prevent gaining weight again.
You will have to:
- Modify your diet: following surgery, you will likely be on a liquid or soft food diet; nevertheless, you will eventually transition to a regular, balanced diet that you must follow for the rest of your life.
- Exercise on a regular basis. After surgery, you should begin and maintain an exercise regimen.
- Keep up with follow-up appointments to determine how things are healing from surgery and to receive assistance or guidance if necessary.
- Following weight loss surgery, women are typically advised not to get pregnant for the first 12 to 18 months following the procedure
Prices of weight loss surgery in Istanbul, Turkey
Prices of weight loss surgery in Istanbul, Turkeyare considered to be much lower compared to surgeriesperformed in other countries.
In addition to saving money, getting rid of weight loss surgery in Turkey has many advantages, including medical tourism, language assistance, and good organization of your care.
Turquie santé will provide you with the best services, you will be able to carry out metabolic surgery in all serenity, ensured by the best surgeons carefully selected, in the best clinics in Istanbul, Turkey, and at the best price.
Share this page