All you need to know about Hip Prosthesis
Osteoarthritis is an inflammatory disease that affects the joints, leading to the destruction of cartilage. It is common among women than men, caused by overweight, age advancement, trauma, and causes pain, stiffness and inflammation. Several types of treatment are proposed to treat this disease such as the hip prosthesis.
Who is this procedure for?
- People with chronic hip pain
- Elderly people suffering from the effects of osteoarthritis
- People with a severe hip fracture
- People suffering from the effects of rheumatoid arthritis
- Dislocation of the hip
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The operation lasts one to two hours
- Back to daily activities after one week
- Back to professional activities after 2 months
Hip Prosthesis Surgery in Turkey and Istanbul: intervention principle
The hip prosthesis in Turkey and Istanbul is called "intervention of last resort" that is to say that it is performed after the use of all the drug methods against osteoarthritis (painkillers, anti-inflammatories, anti-osteoarthritis ...). The intervention is performed by an orthopedic surgeon lasts one to two hours and under general anesthesia. 4 nights of hospitalization after the operation is mandatory with a work stoppage for two months.
Rehabilitation at a physiotherapist or in a rehabilitation center is very important to get rid of crutches and regain full autonomy in walking.
What is the new Technique in Turkey and Istanbul?
Advances in surgical technology have improved longevity and recovery time for total hip replacement surgery. The latest state-of-the-art "SUPERPATH" technology consists of sparing the surrounding muscles and tendons during total hip replacement surgery. This technique builds a traditional hip implant in place without cutting muscles or tendons. In addition, this is done without having to dislocate the hip during surgery, a common element to all other hip replacement surgery techniques.
What are the risks and postoperative complications of hip prosthesis
Like any operation, the hip prosthesis presents some risks and complications:
During the intervention:
- Blood vessels and nerves that are close to the joint can be injured accidentally causing hemorrhaging.
- Bone movements can cause fracture of bone structures.
After the intervention:
- A hematoma can occur that requires surgical drainage.
- An infection of the operated area should be treated with antibiotics or removal of the implant in some cases.
- A calcification in the capsule or in the adjacent muscles may be responsible for a decrease in postoperative mobility.
- A scar usually exists at the buttock, but in many cases it can be located on the outside of the hip.
The hip prosthesis has proved its effectiveness in the treatment of hip pain thanks to its excellent results.
Price in Turkey and Istanbul
The prices of the interventions in Turkey are interesting compared to the prices of the European countries namely France or Germany. Turquie Santé allows you to benefit from cheap prices for your hip surgery.