The knee is a complex joint that involves three bones: femur, tibia, and patella. They are united by ligaments to ensure the stabilization of the joint. Osteoarthritis can damage the knee, and medications are not always effective in treating this condition. Knee replacement in Turkey can be the best solution: the knee prosthesis.
Also known as knee arthroplasty, a knee prosthesis surgery is an orthopedic procedure. It aims to substitute the weight-bearing surfaces of the knee joint. This will treat pain and disability.
- People with chronic osteoarthritis
- Patients with conditions such as gout, hemophilia or bone dysplasia
- People with serious knee injuries
- Persistent pain
- The operation generally lasts 1h30
- Back to normal activities within three to six weeks
- Pain and inflammation can last three to four months after surgery