Cardiology in Turkey and Istanbul is a specialty of heart health. It has various anatomical characteristics such as ventricles, and heart valves, and atria. The concerns of the heart evolve quite often in cardiac and cardiovascular diseases.
This can cause death if the treatment is not adequate. Indeed, this disease remains the first cause of unnatural death.
Fortunately, we are partnered with the best cardiology hospital in Turkey and the best cardiac and thoracic surgeons.
What are the different types of heart disease?
Cardiovascular diseases are the main reasons for most heart surgeries. Several conditions are considered as heart diseases. Types of cardiovascular diseases include:
- Arrhythmia : An arrhythmia is a heartbeat irregularity.
- Atherosclerosis : Atherosclerosis is the rigidness of the arterial blood vessel.
- Cardiomyopathy : This condition causes the rigidness or the weakening of the heart’s muscles. This may lead to a heart attack.
- Congenital heart defects : A congenital heart defect is a heart condition that the patient was born with.
- Coronary artery disease (CAD) : CAD is caused by the accumulation of plaque in the heart’s arterial blood vessel. It’s also referred to as ischemic heart disease.
- Heart infections : Heart infections may result of bacteria, viruses, or parasites.
The term cardiovascular disease refers to heart conditions that specifically involve the veins.
Cardiology: Your Treatment in the Best Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey
The heart acts as a pump to send blood flow throughout the body. It starts with the systemic circulation and then through the lungs. It's the pulmonary circulation.
As a result, the heart is connected to the whole human body. So, it is considered as a circuit in the circulation. Much research has been done to explore problems in cardiology.
In conclusion, the heart is a muscle like a mechanical pump, and it can unfortunately be subject to failures.
You can request a quote for a medical treatment in the best hospital in Turkey and Istanbul. We can help you reach our best partner JCI accredited medical facilities. You can also request a consultation with a cardiologist.
The Heart Function explained by Cardiac Surgeons
When the heart sends the blood outwards, this is commonly called the periodic contraction. A pacemaker helps balance the heartbeat. This is the electrical conduction system of the heart.
This is a subcategory in electrophysiology, cardiac electrophysiology. It is often associated with the use of the electrocardiogram, popularly known as ECG.
The second aspect of the heart is the mechanical part which is based on the movement of the blood. This mechanical part is very important because it contains the majority of dysfunctions and causes complications of the blood circulation.
When the blood circulation is abnormal and the blood cannot be properly distributed, it causes the failure of certain organs. This may lead to death. This case is heart failure. You can make an appointment for free with the hospital of your choice in Istanbul.
How is a heart disease diagnosed?
Your doctor may order several types of tests and evaluations to make a heart disease diagnosis. Some of these tests can be performed before you ever show signs of heart disease. Others may be used to look for possible causes of symptoms when they develop.
Blood tests & Physical exams
The first action your cardiologist will take is to fulfil a physical examination. This allows him/her to take a look at the symptoms you’ve been going through. Then he/she will ask you about your family and personal medical history. Genetics can be the main cause of some heart conditions.
Blood tests are often requested because they help your doctor measure your cholesterolemia and detect signs of infection.
Noninvasive tests may be employed to diagnose cardiovascular diseases, such as:
- ECG or EKG (electrocardiogram): it is a measurement of your cardiac electrical activity that helps your cardiologist notice any abnormalities.
- Echocardiogram: it is an ultrasound exam that gives your doctor a close impression of your cardiac structure.
- Stress test: this test is done while you complete a physical activity like walking, running, or riding a bike. During this exam, your heart’s activity is measured according to changes in physical exertion.
- Carotid ultrasound this test gives a detailed ultrasound impression of your carotid arterial blood vessel.
- Holter monitor: to achieve this exam, you will be wearing a heart rate monitoring device for 24 to 48 hours. It allows your doctor to get an extended idea of your heart’s activity.
- Tilt table test: according to the symptoms you have experienced, your cardiologist may recommend this test. During this test, you’re tied to a table that is slowly raised or lowered. At the same time, a monitoring device will be measuring your heart pace, tension of the arteries, and oxygen levels.
- CT scan and Heart MRI: these scans give a very precise X-ray image of your heart and blood vessels
If all the previous tests aren’t conclusive, your heart specialist may want to look inside your body. This may help him/her find out the reason behind the unusual symptoms. Invasive exams may include:
- Cardiac catheterization: your heart specialist introduces a catheter into your heart through the groin and an arterial blood vessel. Once this device is in your heart, a coronary angiography is done.
- Electrophysiology study: your heart specialist may attach electrodes to your heart through a catheter. Once the electrodes are in place, electric pulses are sent through and the response of the heart is recorded.
The most recognized Cardiac Surgeons at unbeatable prices & low Cost
Here are the cardiac surgeries performed by the best cardiac surgeons in the best hospital & clinic partner with Turquie Santé:
- Coronary Angioplasty;
- Aorto-coronary artery bypass (PAC);
- Replacement of Heart Valves;
- Implementation of an Automatic Fibrillator (DAI);
- Treatment of Cardiac Tumors;
Cardiothoracic surgeries by the hands of the best cardiothoracic surgeons in the best cardiology hospital in Turkey have the highest success rates ever at unbeatable prices a low cost.
Share this page