Aorto-coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG), also known as coronary bypass surgery, is defined as a heart surgery to treat coronary artery disease (one of the most common cardiovascular diseases).
It is practiced when a coronary artery is narrowed or blocked by a deposit of fat or fiber, the purpose of which is to soothe the symptoms by bypassing the blocked heart arteries. This surgery significantly improves the quality of life of the patient.
Aorto-coronary artery bypass: procedure of the intervention
Aorto-Coronary Bypass (PAC) is recommended in the case of angina pectoris (caused by smoking, excess cholesterol, obesity ...), which can not be cured by drugs. In this case, bridging is necessary to deal with this problem.
In general, the operation lasts between 3 to 6 hours, under general anesthesia and has 3 phases:
• Preparation phase: the physician and the medical assistants begin with the installation of the medical equipment as well as the monitoring systems which make it possible to follow the state of the patient. Thorough cleaning of the patient's body is mandatory.
• Initial phase: this step is divided into 3 parts: the opening of thorax at the sternum, the removal of the graft thus making it possible to perform the bypass, and finally the installation of the extracorporeal circulation.
• Operative phase: during this phase, the surgeon sets up the graft between the aorta and the coronary arteries.
After the operation, the patient must permanently stop smoking, treat his diet, otherwise he will need a bypass after 10 to 15 years. Thus, a visit at least once a year to the cardiologist is necessary.
Aorto-coronary artery bypass: the complications
Heart surgery, Aoro-Coronary Bypass, can cause several postoperative complications:
• After the operation, monitoring for a few weeks is mandatory to eliminate the risk of cardiac involvement.
• A greater inflammatory reactivity.
• Infection, stroke, pneumopathy ...
Healing Aorto-Coronary Artery Bypass in Turkey
Medicine is one of the most advanced sectors in Turkey, hospitals are from high quality and very well met.
Turquie Santé intervenes to put you in direct contact with clinics specialized in cardiac bypass surgery and coronary bypass surgery. You can request your appointment online and compare offers from several hospitals using a simple and effective platform.
Last update : 24/08/2019