In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) in Turkey and Istanbul is an assistive reproductive technology where the egg is fertilized with sperm. The process is done outside the human body (in vitro). The fertilized egg is matured in the laboratory for 2 to 6 days. Later, the zygote is implanted in the uterus of the future mother for pregnancy.
- Women with blocked or removed fallopian tubes
- Women with conditions that affect their fertility, such as endometriosis
- Men with low sperm count
- Hot flushes
- Abdominal pain
- Ovarian rejuvenation with PRP
- Treatment lasts between 13 and 17 days
- Egg maturation and removal takes approximately 2-4 days
- Fertilization takes 3 to 5 days in the laboratory, then the embryos are selected for implantation
- Oocyte removal takes 20 to 30 minutes
- Back to daily activities immediately after the procedure
What are the causes & symptoms of male & female sterility?
Infertility is a big problem that many couples face. This is the inability to conceive a child naturally or to get pregnant. This problem affects both men and women and can have several causes and symptoms.
Risk factors of the male infertility
- Smoking, alcohol dependency, and drug addiction;
- Going through multiple infections;
- Consuming some toxic substances;
- Exposing the testicles to overheat;
- Having injured or traumatized testicles.
Symptoms of male sterility
- Sexual dysfunction: absence of ejaculation or small volume of sperm, absence of sexual desire or erectile dysfunction;
- Pain or swelling in the testicles;
- Repeated respiratory infections;
- Anosmia (inability to smell).
Risk factors of female infertility
- Ovulation problems;
- Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS).
- Damaged fallopian tubes or uterus;
Symptoms of female sterility
- Painful sexual intercourses;
- Dark or pale blood during periods;
- Irregular & long menstrual cycle;
- Absence of pregnancy.
In Vitro Fertilization: steps, advantages, and disadvantages
The steps of IVF
There are many steps during IVF treatment, each to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy. Depending on the blood tests and the personal situation of the patients, the used treatments vary according to each patient's case.
Sometimes, excessive ovarian stimulation is used. It consists of generating numerous ovarian follicles through a fertility treatment such as injectable reproductive hormones. Besides, in most cases of excessive ovarian stimulation, it will take 10 days of injections.
A natural IVF cycle is performed without excessive ovarian stimulation. Soft IVF is a procedure with reduced doses of stimulant drugs.
After that is the next step, which is egg retrieval or oocyte retrieval. This process is rather short and does not last more than an hour. Between 10 and 30 eggs are taken, but this number may be lower in a natural FIV procedure.
Then, the doctor will incubate the egg and the sperm in a culture environment, so that fertilization occurs. The resulting embryos will be cultured to the segmentation, or stage of the blastocyst. The egg embryos of good quality are then chosen to be transferred. The best are transferred to the patient's uterus.
A medical prescription is then recommended, to improve the chances of implantation and the formation of an embryo.
IVF advantages and disadvantages
There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of this method. The advantages of this treatment are :
- IVF is the most efficient among all sterility treatments;
- It is suitable for anybody, despite the women's age;
- You control your pregnancy;
- Decrease the risk of spontaneous abortion (miscarriage).
The disadvantages of this treatment are :
- Side effects related to excessive ovarian stimulation;
- IVF increases the chances of having twins or more (multiple births);
- Early birth and low birth weight;
- Complications due to the procedure;
- pregnancy occurs in a fallopian tube (Ectopic pregnancy).
Is egg retrieval during the IVF procedure painful?
No, egg retrieval is done under anesthesia, so patients don't feel anything during the process. Egg retrieval is a small surgery. During this procedure, an ultrasound surgical instrument with a long, thin needle is passed into the ovaries, through the vaginal wall.
The needle gently withdraws the zygotes through a soft suction. Anesthesia disappears quickly once the procedure is done. Patients may feel a little discomfort in the ovaries that can be treated with some appropriate medicines.
What are IVF alternative treatment options?
- Fecundation inside the uterus: it consists in inserting treated sperm into a woman's uterus. The process is done at the same time as the ovulation phase, to improve the chances of fecundation;
- Male Hormonal Therapy: the doctor might recommend hormonal treatment in case sterility is caused by an excess or lack of certain hormones;
- Female Hormonal therapy: to help ovulation or restore the hormone levels;
- Surgery for men: In case the man can't ejaculate naturally, sperm retrieval is directly done from the testicles;
- Surgery for women in case of endometriosis, or to open blocked fallopian tubes.
In vitro fertilization success rate & cost in Turkey & Istanbul
Turquie Santé puts you in direct contact with fertility clinics with a high reputation. We connect you with the best clinics and doctors all over Turkey, in Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, Antalya, or Bursa at a reasonable cost.
You can have In-vitro Fertilization, in Turkey, at an affordable price. In addition, this procedure has a high success rate in Turkey. Compare free quotes from our clinics in Turkey and Istanbul for your care and make an appointment. We negotiate reasonable and well-researched prices for you.
Share this page
Before the procedure, the doctor will have examined the man's semen to ensure that it is of good quality; then he will proceed to a stimulation of the female hormones FSH to obtain several oocytes at the same time. Once the follicles have matured, ovulation is triggered by an injection of LH hormone.
After 35 hours, the doctor takes between 5 and 15 eggs and deposits them in a nutrient environment. The doctor will also have collected the father's semen. The sperm will then be placed in a test tube with the mother's ova. After 3 days, embryos of eight cells will be formed and these will be introduced into the woman's uterus using a catheter.
There will be 2 or 3 embryos.
The procedure requires a stay of 13 to 17 days.
Usually, the number of attempts is limited to 4.
To be married.
The success rate of In Vitro Fertilization in Turkey is 69%.