A genioplasty is a cosmetic surgery that aims at correcting the appearance and the positioning of the chin. The surgeon can perform this type of surgery alone or with other jaw-related surgeries, either for medical or cosmetic purposes. The chin has an important effect on the appearance of a person’s face.
By undergoing a chin surgery, patients can change the general profile and symmetry of their face. Doctors can also combine Genioplasty with another plastic surgery, such as rhinoplasty, which is also called "profiloplasty" or nose & chin surgery.
- People with prominent chin;
- Patients with Skeletal deformation;
- People with fleeing chin.
- Complications due to general anesthesia;
- Approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- Back to daily activities 5-7 days after the operation;
- Full recovery time : 6 weeks.