There are several types of surgeries that are interested in the human body such as cosmetic surgery, spinal surgery, dental surgery, bariatric surgery ... each of which deals with a well-defined type of diseases. Pediatric surgery is a branch of surgery but focuses on a specific age group (from the prenatal period to adolescence).
Pediatric surgery also known as "infant surgery" treats diseases, birth defects and accidents that can infect children. These diseases have a specificity and are very different from those of adults, so they require very specific interventions.
The person who practices this profession is called "pediatric surgeon" and its objective is to allow a perfect development to the child and to bring it to adulthood without sequels.
Many diseases are treated effectively with reconstructive surgery for children:
• ear abnormalities: two types of abnormalities should be remembered, congenital deficiency, caused by a malformation of the child's ears during pregnancy, and external malformations of the ear.
• appendicitis: it is a rare disease in children under 3 years old and very common in children beyond this age. It is a sudden infection of the appendix, with inflammation and swelling.
• burns: these are frequent accidents that affect children under 4 years of age. Its causes are diverse like hot water, chemicals, flames ... and its treatment requires surgery in many cases (depending on the degree of burn).
• Cystic lung adenomatoid malformations (MAKP): These are congenital malformations that prevent the development of the lungs during the fetal life and the appearance of cysts that cause breathing problems.
• malposition of the testes: a disease that affects almost 1% of boys and exists in two forms: the testes that have never found their positions during the fetal period and after birth, and the testicles that found their positions at the beginning but they settle secondarily outside the scrotum.
There are also a large number of diseases such as malformation of the penis, urinary incontinence, anorectal malformation, ...
With Turquie Santé, you are guaranteed to be referred only to qualified and accredited clinics with experienced doctors. The price of the intervention depends on the child's case. You can send a request to have an online consultation or make an appointment at one of the clinics in Turkey.
Last update : 21/04/2019
Choose from the best hospitals in Turkey
Contact your doctor directly
Medical Advice, Quote &
Free airport transfers, hotel reservation, interpreter ...
Assured assistance until the return to your country