The forehead is an area of the face that plays a very important role in appearance and facial symmetry. Everyone wishes to have a perfect forehead that is harmonious and matches their features.
To have a symmetrical and attractive face, some people resort to frontal cosmetic surgery in Turkey with the best cost.
- Patients wishing to change the shape of their foreheads
- Patients with poorly formed or bumps on the forehead
- Face lift
- The operation lasts approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Removing stitches seven to ten days after surgery
- Back to sports activities one month after the operation
- Final result 4 months after the operation
Forehead surgery in Turkey is a very complicated procedure that involves changing the shape of the bony ridge of the forehead. This procedure can be a reduction, augmentation, or brow lift.
Larger foreheads may be inherited, or due to hair loss in the front of the head or other procedures. This surgery also referred to as hairline lowering without hair transplantation, can help equilibrize the dimensions of your facial features
Cosmetic Forehead Surgery in Istanbul: Augmentation, Reduction or Lift?
The objectives of this cosmetic surgery may include:
- Facial rejuvenation (firming of the forehead skin);
- Correction of the prominence of the bony ridge (reduction of the forehead);
- Correction of crest bone recession (forehead augmentation).
Forehead firming can be performed as an open, endoscopic, or non-invasive (injection of dermal filler) surgery. Forehead reduction can be achieved through a lowering of the hairline. As for the correction of the front recession, several methods are used, such as:
- Fat grafting;
- Bone cement;
- The silicone sheet;
- The personalized polymethyl methacrylate implant.
The difference between this act & Browplasty
Almost everyone over the age of 50 is a good candidate for blepharoplasty. However, they may be disqualified for forehead and brow lifts.
There are several differences between browplasty and brow lift. Eyebrows are enhanced by the brow lift, but brow placement is unaffected. Eyebrowplasty, however, improves sagging skin on the upper eyelid and also elevates the eyebrows for a more youthful appearance. Additionally, forehead lift is minimally invasive, while brow bone reduction surgery requires many incisions.
The structures affected by forehead contouring plastic surgery are :
- The brow arch or the forehead bump
- The osseous tissue of the forehead
- The lateral orbital rim.
Is this procedure for both male & female patients?
Brow bone reduction in female and male patients is a procedure that involves brow shaving and surgically modifying the osseous tissue. The outer sections of the bossing of the eyebrows are firm osseous tissue and can simply be reshaped. The segment of bossing between the eyebrows is situated on a zone named the frontal sinus.
There are three principal differences between female and male brow osseous tissue:
The female brow bone is usually smaller and narrower than the male brow osseous tissue;
- Male eyebrows are thicker than female eyebrows;
- Male eyebrows are straight, while female eyebrows are more arched;
- Males' brow bones are lower than females' brow osseous tissue.
What are the methods in Istanbul Turkey?
A distinction is made between two types of frontal surgery:
- The open surgery technique: which means open cast operations;
- Endoscopic technique: that is, without completely opening, but just an incision to insert a small camera to monitor gestures on the screen.
What are the postoperative consequences?
Most people can go back home a few hours after the surgery. You’ll need to return to the clinic or the hospital to remove the stitches after 10 days. It is also recommended to return for observation and aftercare checkups 3 weeks after the surgery.
Like with any invasive cosmetic surgery, great care should be taken to keep the wound disinfected and improve the healing process.
If there are any signs of infection at the site of the incision, contact your doctor immediately. Your doctor will also give you post-operative advice to properly take care of your surgical incision. This will include how to decrease pain, lumping, and risk of infection.
The consequences are usually simple and complications are rare and manageable.
Forehead surgery & brow bone reduction cost in Istanbul Turkey
This surgery is generally not very expensive. Forehead surgery and Brow bone reduction costs range between 1,700 and 2,000 dollars, depending on the clinic and the surgical technique, endoscopic or not.
You can request a custom quote by sending your quote request. Our partners will answer you with prices and advice adapted to your case.
Compare free quotes and prices of forehead surgeries with clinics and hospitals in Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya, or Izmir.
Negotiating the best prices for your medical stay in Turkey will be the responsibility of Turquie Santé. You can also ask for a free online consultation and book an appointment through the link below.
Share this page
- Open surgery (with incision at the hairline);
- Closed surgery (endoscopic).
The best technique will be chosen following a medical evaluation.
During forehead surgery, the surgeon may use:
- Local anesthesia associated with tranquilizers injected intravenously;
- General anesthesia.
The success rate of forehead surgery in Turkey is 85%.