Forehead reduction surgery is a transformative procedure that can address the concerns of individuals who feel self-conscious about the size and prominence of their forehead. By adjusting the hairline and creating a more proportionate facial appearance, forehead reduction surgery in Turkey improves both aesthetic harmony and the patient's self-confidence.
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
- Patients wishing to change the shape of their foreheads
- Patients with poorly formed or bumps on the forehead
- Face lift
- The operation lasts approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Removing stitches seven to ten days after surgery
- Back to sports activities one month after the operation
- Final result 4 months after the operation
Forehead surgery in Turkey is a very complicated procedure that involves changing the shape of the bony ridge of the forehead. This procedure can be a reduction, augmentation, or brow lift.
Larger foreheads may be inherited, or due to hair loss in the front of the head or other procedures. This surgery also referred to as hairline lowering without hair transplantation, can help equilibrize the dimensions of your facial features
Cosmetic Forehead Surgery: Augmentation, Reduction, or Lift?
The objectives of this cosmetic surgery may include:
- Facial rejuvenation (forehead skin lift);
- Correction of the prominence of the bony ridge (reduction of the forehead);
- Correction of crest bone recession (forehead augmentation).
A forehead lift can be performed as an open, endoscopic, or non-invasive (dermal filler injection) procedure. Forehead reduction can be achieved by lowering the hairline. Several methods are used to correct forehead recession, such as:
- Fat grafting;
- Bone cement;
- The silicone sheet;
- The personalized polymethyl methacrylate implant.
Is this procedure for both male & female patients?
Forehead bone reduction in both male and female patients is a procedure that involves shaving the eyebrows and surgically altering the bony tissue. The outer sections of the brow bosses are solid bony tissue and can be easily reshaped. The bossing segment between the eyebrows is located in a zone called the frontal sinus. There are three principal differences between female and male brow osseous tissue:
- The female brow bone is usually smaller and narrower than the male brow osseous tissue;
- Male eyebrows are thicker than female eyebrows;
- Male eyebrows are straight, while female eyebrows are more arched;
- Males' brow bones are lower than females' brow osseous tissue.
The Procedure: What to Expect
During the forehead reduction surgery, the surgeon will delicately remove a strip of forehead by making an incision along the hairline. The underlying tissues, including the muscles and bone, may also be adjusted to achieve the desired contour. The surgeon will then stitch the incision and carefully place the hairline in a more aesthetically pleasing position.
Forehead reduction surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia to ensure patient comfort. The length of the procedure depends on the extent of the adjustment required, but it generally lasts approximately two to three hours.
There are two main techniques used for frontal surgery:
- The open surgery technique: which involves open cast operations;
- Endoscopic technique: where only a small incision is made to insert a small camera for monitoring the procedure on a screen, without completely opening the area.
What are the postoperative results?
Most people can go back home a few hours after the surgery. You’ll need to return to the clinic or the hospital 10 days later to remove the stitches. It is also recommended that you return 3 weeks later for observation and follow-up.
As with any invasive cosmetic surgery, great care should be taken to keep the wound disinfected and improve the healing process.
If there is any sign of infection at the incision site, contact your doctor immediately. Your doctor will also give you post-operative advice on how to properly take care of your surgical incision. This will include how to reduce pain, lumps, and the risk of infection.
The results are usually simple and complications are rare and manageable.
Forehead reduction surgery: clinics costs in Antalya Turkey
This surgery is generally not very expensive. Forehead surgery and Brow bone reduction costs range between 1,700 and 2,000 dollars, depending on the clinic and the surgical technique, endoscopic or not.
You can request a custom quote by sending your quote request. Our partners will answer you with prices and advice adapted to your case.
Compare free quotes and prices of forehead surgeries with clinics and hospitals in Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya, or Izmir.
Negotiating the best prices for your medical stay in Turkey will be the responsibility of Turquie Santé. You can also ask for a free online consultation and book an appointment through the link below.
Share this page
- Open surgery (with incision at the hairline);
- Closed surgery (endoscopic).
The best technique will be chosen following a medical evaluation.
During forehead surgery, the surgeon may use:
- Local anesthesia associated with tranquilizers injected intravenously;
- General anesthesia.
The success rate of forehead surgery in Turkey is 85%.
Generally, complications are very rare following forehead surgery, however, they can be generated due to a lack of expertise or if the conditions were not appropriate for such surgery. Among these risks, we note mainly :
- Nerve damage
- Skin necrosis
A forehead lift is classified as outpatient surgery as the patient can be discharged on the same day. However, in some critical cases, the patient will not be able to be discharged until the following day to prevent any risk of complication.