Cosmetology in Turkey & Istanbul, what is it?
Cosmetology in Turkey is the science that studies everything related to cosmetics and their effects on the body.
What is a cosmetic product in Istanbul?
What is considered to be a cosmetic product is any substance or preparation intended to be in contact with the skin, the integuments, or the teeth, with the purpose of cleaning, perfuming, modifying the appearance, or protecting them.
Cosmetics are classified in:
These are shampoos, coloring products, hair styling products, hair shaping products, skin care products...
Hygiene and care products
They include cleaning products, makeup removers, deodorants, antiperspirants, shaving products, wipes, toothpastes, hair removal products...
Face and body care products
Such as masks, scrub products, depigmentation products, and lightening products.
The anti solar products
Sun protection products, products after exposure to the sun ...
Foundation, mascaras, eyeliner, concealer, nail polish, powders, and lipsticks.
Such cosmetology in Turkey shall not adversely affect human health when applied under normal or reasonably foreseeable conditions of use, in particular taking into account the presentation of the product, its labeling, any instructions concerning its use and its disposal, as well as any other indication or information from the manufacturers or their authorized representatives or any other person responsible for placing it on the market.
What are the components of a cosmetic product in Istanbul?
The cosmetic product is generally composed of an excipient, an active ingredient, an adjuvant and an additive that is a dye, a fragrance or a preservative.
Each of these components has a well-defined role:
- Active ingredients: are responsible for the effectiveness of the cosmetic product.
- Excipients: carry the main molecule in the components of the skin. The excipients can also have an activity by themselves.
- Adjuvants: improve the role of the excipient by changing its appearance and its viscosity.
- Additives: improve the presentation and preservation of the product.
What are the things that are not cosmetic products ?
- Products intended to be ingested, inhaled or implanted in the body, even if they claim action on the skin or appendages.
- Like cosmetic dietary supplements to enhance the skin.
- Eye wash solutions, articular, nasal ones are medical devices.
- Tattoo products.
The obligations to be met after placing a cosmetic product on the market include: the reporting of serious adverse reactions and the obligation to report the risks and the measures taken.
Therefore, even if they are not subject to a marketing authorisation, cosmetic products are subject to a strict framework to guarantee their safety with regard to human health under normal conditions of use.
For their part, clinics in Turkey use quality cosmetic products that allow patients to regain their well-being quickly. We recommend the clinics in Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, or Antalya for your cosmetic care in Turkey.