Hearing loss may be really disabling for people who are dealing with this condition. Fortunately, there is no problem without a solution. There are many types of reconstructive surgeries and treatmentoptions for hearing loss.
People who are incapable of hearing can turn to surgical procedures such as tympanoplasty or the cochlear implant surgery. The latter is a tiny but a complicated neuroprosthetic device that is designed to provide a sense of sound.
The implant is composed of two parts. The first part takes place outside the ear, but the second part is put underneath the epidermis.
These neuroprosthetic devices are required by youngsters and grown-ups who are unable to hear or seriously in need of a hearing aid.
- Children born with severe to profound deafness and at least 12 months old.
- Children and adults who cannot hear sound or who seriously need a hearing aid
- Dizziness and numbness
- Implant failure
- Damage to the facial nerve
- The operation lasts 2 to 4 hours
- Total recovery after 4 to 6 weeks
- Return to work 1 to 2 weeks after surgery
Cochlear Implant : Components, Prices & Reviews
An implant includes the succeeding components:
- A microphone: its role is to collect anything that can be heard from the surroundings.
- A speech-processing equipment: the sounds that are gathered by the microphone are sorted out and organized by this element.
- A sender and a recipient: they are in charge of obtaining signs from the speech-processing equipment and change them into electric impulses.
- An electrode range is responsible for assembling the impulses from the recipient to transmit them into the various areas of the acoustic nerve.
- The functional illustration of sounds and the assistance in realizing verbal expressions are the main benefits of the cochlear implant.
Discover the bestcost of cochlear implant surgery that is performed by the best doctors, based on real reviews.
What are the Advantages of this surgical treatment?
A cochlear implant in Turkey is altogether different from earpieces since the latter make it possible for the damaged ears to identify the voices through intensifying them.
This neuroprosthetic device invigorates the sound-related nerve and sidesteps the harmed ears. Thereafter, the signs which are gathered by the implant and sent by the sound-related nerve are perceived as sounds by the cerebrum.
Hearing through the neuroprosthetic device is not quite the same as hearing in a usual way, and you have to set aside some effort to master the way it is employed.
However, it enables many people to:
- Be aware of cautioning messages;
- Realize diverse sounds in the surroundings;
- Perceive the intended meaning of a discourse either face-to-face or via the phone.
What can you anticipate before the surgical Treatment?
You may require an in-depth medical assessment in Turkey to decide whether a neuroprosthetic device is a right alternative for you or not. The assessment is probably going to encompass:
- Exams of auditory sense, speaking, and balance.
- A physical test of the ear to observe the wellness of its inner side.
- CT or MRI imaging of the skull to evaluate the state of the cochlea and construction of the inner part of the ear.
How can someone obtain a Cochlear Implant?
The utilization of a cochlear implant necessitates a surgery and critical treatment to acquire the knowledge to become familiar with the feeling of hearing. The usage of the gadget varies from one person to another.
The conversations with medical experts will make you choose to obtain the neuroprosthetic device.
What happens during the Surgery?
The specialist will make a cut at the back of the ear in order to make a small hollow in the skull bone where he/she will put the device. Afterwards, the specialist will make a little gap in the cochlea and string the electrical connection of the inner gadget through this opening. The entry component is sewed in order to make the interior gadget under the epidermis.
What are the Dangers of Cochlear Implants?
As all the types of surgeries, this embedded therapeutic gadget may lead to some dangers such as:
- Damage to the facial nerve;
- Pain after surgery;
- An inflammation;
- A vertigo or a ringing in the ears;
- A paraesthesia;
- alteration in taste;
- Numerous other possible side effects.
Cochlear Implant Surgery in Turkey and Istanbul: Costs & Reviews
Turquie santé consults for its patients the ideal conditions as well as the best quality prices balance for your operations in Turkey and Istanbul. The expense changes relying upon the individual's case. You can ask for a customized quotation by sending a request, our partner hospitals and clinics will reply as soon as possible.
Trust our real patients' reviews about the cochlear implant surgery in Turkey and Istanbul.
Share this page