All about Breast Reduction Surgery: Cost & Reviews
A big breast can be considered as a real aesthetic and physical handicap for women. It can appear at puberty, after pregnancy or caused by significant weight gain. Whatever its origin, congenital or hormonal, the oversized breast can cause several difficulties such as:
- Muscle, back and shoulder pains;
- Difficulties in movements;
- A general discomfort (physical and psychological).
A surgical procedure can solve this problem: it's breast reduction or reduction mammoplasty. Let’s take a look at this procedure, its cost and reviews.
Package price of Breast reduction in TurkeyWith our hospitals, the average price of the package Breast reduction in Turkey is 2500 €.
The cost of the procedure Breast reduction in Turkey depends on several factors such as the type of surgery you are going to have, the clinic and the experience of your surgeon. Discover the pack
Who is this procedure for?
- Women with back, neck and / or shoulder pain
- Women with low self-confidence due to the size of their breasts
- Women looking to shrink their breasts by at least two caps
- Bleeding from the wound
Intervention or treatment's duration
- Between 2 and 3 hours
- Recovery 1 to 2 weeks after the operation
- Back to physical activities 1 month after the operation
- Visible results : 3 months after the operation
- Complete disappearance of scars after 12 months
Boob Reduction: definition
Breast reduction (also called boob reduction), is a technique of cosmetic surgery that reduces the volume of the breasts. This procedure aims to provide the boobs with an aesthetic curve and a better position. It consists of removing excess skin from the breast so that it becomes concentrated, curved, firmer, and supported.
The plastic surgery of reduction mammoplasty ( or mammaplasty ) is for 18 years old women who have large, asymmetric or sagging and heavy breasts.
Breast reduction surgery does not only beautify your silhouette, but it also improves both women and men's self-esteem.
Indeed, the procedure of male breast reduction in Turkey is very popular for its high success rate.
Male Boobs Reduction in Turkey ( Gynecomastia )
Gynecomastia procedure or male breast reduction in Turkey usually involves liposuction and removal of adipose and glandular tissues (breast tissues). Incisions are made near the aureole (pigmented areas around the nipple), so scars are perfectly concealed after the gynecomastia surgery. In case of an extremely enlarged breast, extra skin may also be removed.
Does insurance cover Male Boobs Surgery in Turkey?
A cosmetic surgeon fees for male breast reduction in Turkey varies depending on his experience and the technique used. The location of the clinic or the hospital is also important.
Most health insurance does not reimburse male breast reduction in Turkey or its complications.
What causes enlarged breast among men?
70% of men experience the onset of large breasts during puberty. It results from changes in estrogen and testosterone levels. Newly born babies sometimes have temporary gynecomastia. This is due to the remaining of their mothers’ female hormones in their blood for a short time after birth
Adults and older men can also have the same problem. It could be due to age advancement, excess fat, or certain medications & drugs, such as:
- Antibacterials medicines
- Heart disease treatment
- Anti-anxiety or Tricyclic antidepressants medicines
- HIV treatment
- Cancer treatment (Chemotherapy)
- Alcohol, marijuana and other addictive substances amphetamines or heroin.
Tea tree oil or lavender oil can also increase boobs volume. That’s because they contain estrogen that can disturb the body’s natural hormone levels.
Sometimes it occurs due to another health condition, such as:
- Kidney disease;
- Growth of a tumor on the glands responsible for hormones regularization.
What causes breast hypertrophy (gigantomastia) among women?
Breast hypertrophy (also called macromastia) is a rare benign condition that causes excessive growth of the woman boobs. The exact origin of gigantomastia is unknown, it can happen randomly. However, it is more likely to occur during pregnancy, breastfeeding or due to some medications.
This condition may result from one of these four circumstances:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- certain drugs, including: bucillamine, d-penicillamine, cyclosporine, neothetazone;
- certain autoimmune diseases, including:
- SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus);
- Chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis;
- Chronic inflammatory disease;
- Myasthenia Gravis (disease of the neuromuscular junction);
- Psoriasis (skin disorder).
Types of macromastia
- Gestational or pregnancy-induced gigantomastia: breast hypertrophy due to pregnancy;
- Juvenile or puberty-induced gigantomastia: mammary hypertrophy that occurs between the ages of 11 and 19;
- Medication or drug-induced gigantomastia: macromastia due to some medications.
- Idiopathic gigantomastia: a spontaneous hypertrophy, with no evident reason and it is the most frequent kind of macromastia.
Breast Reduction in Turkey
Breast reduction is a procedure that lasts 2 hours (depends on the amount of skin and glands to remove). It is performed under general anesthesia. It is necessary to remain at least 6 hours before the operation. A night of hospitalization is crucial to check our overall health.
Before the day of the operation, the patient should have two consultations with the best doctors for breast reduction. So they discuss in detail their expectations and carry out a medical examination. The plastic surgeon explains to the patient the progress of the operation and the type of anesthesia.
At the beginning of the procedure, the plastic surgeon removes the excess glandular tissue. Then he repositions the mammary gland and puts the envelope. Finally, he/she puts drains and puts a shaped bandage in the form of a bra.
A holiday of 2 or 3 weeks is mandatory with a stop of any sports activity for 1 month.
Boob reduction in Turkey: Cost & Reviews
If you are considering cosmetic breast reduction, looking for the best surgeons at the cheapest prices, you can choose Turquie Santé. We offer you cheap prices with all-inclusive packages. We put you in touch with the best hospitals and clinics in Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara & Antalya.
To find out more, just request a free online consultation and obtain a tailor-made quote.
Share this page
Breast reduction surgery is possible as soon as the patient has reached the age of 16, as long as the growth of the breasts is complete.
New surgical methods employed during the breast reduction help to preserve the breast function. Indeed, thanks to the new techniques of incision, the blood vessels that nourish the mammary gland would not be ruptured during the procedure, and the sensitivity of the nipple would not be altered. Therefore, it would be possible to breastfeed even after breast reduction.
However, it is recommended that you wait at least a year after breast reduction to get pregnant. This would avoid altering the esthetic result of the surgery.
- It eliminates back and shoulder pain due to breast volume;
- it allows you to have a proportional body, and therefore, a better choice of clothing.
The success rate of breast reduction surgery in Turkey is 98%