The beard has always been a symbol of virility. Like the head and eyebrows, the beard hair may have weak growth, hair loss, insufficient distribution, or maybe infected with alopecia. Some men are simply unable to grow a beard.
To correct these problems and unify the beard, several men chose beard transplantation in Turkey & Istanbul.
- People with missing, uneven or fine beard hair
- Transgender women who desire a beard growth
- People wishing to hide acne scars or other types of scars
- Swelling or redness of the scalp and/or beard area
- The beard transplant lasts between 3 to 6 hours depending on the number of grafts.
- Routine activities : 2 days after surgery
- Back to work : 3 days
- Back to sport : 1 month
- Back to swim and steam baths: 1 month
Techniques of Beard Transplant: FUE, FUT & DHI
It is a surgical procedure that involves transferring the hair from the sides or back of the scalp (donor area) to the face. It is the same principle as a classical hair transplant. There are three methods which are:
FUE Beard Transplant
Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE is the most used technique in hair restoration. It consists of implanting healthy hair, follicle by follicle.
FUT facial hair implants
Follicular Unit Transplantation or FUT hair transplantation technique is performed through the removal of a strip of the scalp from the back of the head. This technique requires a long time of healing with the risk of failure of the intervention.
DHI Gold Plus (Direct Hair implantation)
This procedure is performed through the removal of follicles, using a gold-tipped tool, without shaving your head and beard. It is a new technique discovered by one of our partner clinics.
Turkey is very renowned for cosmetic surgery and especially beard transplants.
Facial hair graft in Turkey: Steps of the intervention
Beard implants make it possible to correct the scars, balance the quantity of the hair, facilitate facial hair growth as well as harmonize the features of the lower face.
Before beard transplant surgery
A meeting between the patient and the surgeon takes place at least two weeks before the operation to take pictures that allow the surgeon to decide the number of follicles to be transferred (between 500 and 3000) and therefore the price of the beard transplant. In addition, a blood test must be done before the procedure.
During the surgery
The doctor (transplant surgeon) performs this operation under local anesthesia and can last between five and six hours.
Using a pencil, the surgeon draws the beard area that will be corrected and the hair area that will be removed. After the removal of the follicles. The surgeon implants them in the already delineated areas.
After beard transplant surgery
The patient must remain under supervision because a slight swelling may appear on the cheeks one to two days after the operation.
Are there any risks of this surgery?
You may think that facial hair grafting is not a complicated surgery to worry about. Indeed, you should not worry about it, but it is still a medical procedure. Although complications are very rare, some of them may occur after surgery.
Risks & Side effects
Like with the majority of surgeries, there are risks of bleeding, scars, and infection, but these are very rare in facial hair transplantation. Occasionally, the follicles may become infected. There is also a risk of scarring in the donor area days after the procedure. Fortunately, when the hair finally grows, the donor area will be canceled.
Beard Implants Price in Turkey and Istanbul
Turquie santé allows you to find the best deals, reviews & prices for beard transplants or hair transplant. We negotiate for our patients the best prices while guaranteeing the best service in Istanbul, Izmir & Antalya Hospitals.
Share this page
The number of the follicular units relies on many factors such as the level and type of baldness. In case you have androgenetic alopecia, you will need more follicular units.
It is important to have achievable expectations as each person possesses different aesthetic requirements.
Beard transplantation is always performed under local anesthesia. This will allow the patient not to feel pain throughout the operation. Anesthesia is injected directly into the beard and neck. This will make both sides completely numb and prevent the patient from having painful sensations during the surgery. With good anesthesia, the entire transplant operation will be totally painless.
Complications and side effects after beard transplant are rare. Some minor complications may occur, such as:
- Infection: it is rare in this kind of intervention since the therapy includes the administration of antibiotics or another surgery.
- Telogen Effluvium: Loss of beard hair may occur in areas close to the transplanted areas. The situation will be normal after about 3 months because the facial hair that has fallen will grow back together with those transplanted.
- Edema and ecchymosis: they can last from 4 to 7 days.
- Poor growth: it may happen that the growth rate is unsatisfactory. In this case, it should be investigated whether the patient observed the loss of some grafts in the first week after surgery, if he smoked secretly or if there was an effluvium of pre-existing beard hair. Before drawing conclusions, it is recommended to wait at least one year since the late growth of transplanted beard hair can also be significant. In some cases, there may be no obvious cause of poor growth.
For beard transplant, you need to follow some criteria. This is because the hormones, that make facial hair strong and resistant, must reach a certain level. Experts consider the ideal age for beard transplantation to be a minimum of 20 years old.
The formation of redness and slight bleeding following surgery is common after beard transplantation. Your skin will return to its normal condition after being cleaned. Thanks to the use of high-quality equipment for this type of intervention, the surgery leaves neither marks nor scars.
Starting from the sixth month, you can see the final result of the surgery.