The beard, a symbol of masculinity and style, has become an undeniable trend these days. However, not everyone is fortunate enough to enjoy dense, uniform facial hair. Fortunately, beard transplantation offers an effective solution for those who want a thick, well-defined beard.
Any Question ?
Get in Touch.
We're Here to Help.
- People with missing, uneven or fine beard hair
- Transgender women who desire a beard growth
- People wishing to hide facial scars
- Swelling or redness of the scalp and/or beard area
- Between 3 and 6 hours, depending on the number of grafts
- Routine activities: 2 days after surgery
- Back to work : 3 days
- Back to sport: 1 month
- Back to swim and steam baths: 1 month
Beard implants in Turkey: What is it?
Beard transplant (or implantation) is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles are removed from a donor area, usually the nape of the neck or the sides of the head, and transplanted into areas of the beard that are bare or sparse. This stimulates growth and results in a thicker, more uniform beard. Beard transplants are often performed for aesthetic reasons, to improve the appearance of the face, and to achieve fuller facial hair.
Beard transplantation or facial hair transplantation is a procedure for men who want more facial hair. It is an autologous transplant, meaning the hair is taken from the patient's head.
Techniques of Beard Transplant in Turkey: FUE, FUT & DHI
In Turkey, When it comes to choosing the best beard transplant technique, there are three commonly used options: FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction),FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation),and DHI Gold Plus (Direct Hair Implantation).
FUE Beard Transplant
The FUE technique is the most widely used method and involves harvesting grafts follicle by follicle. It is considered a minimally invasive method and allows rapid healing for the patient.
FUT facial hair implants
The FUT technique involves removing a strip of skin from the back of the head. It requires a long healing period with the risk of surgical failure.
DHI Gold Plus (Direct Hair implantation)
DHI Gold Plus Hair Grafting, a new method developed in our partner clinics in Antalya, Turkey, also uses follicle-by-follicle extraction (maximum 2,500 follicles),but without prior shaving of the head and beard. This method uses a gold-tipped tool for precise graft implantation.
Postoperative Preparations to Avoid Transplant Failure
Beard transplantation corrects scarring, balances the amount of hair, and harmonizes the features of the lower face.
To avoid the risk of a failed transplant, a preliminary consultation between the patient and the surgeon takes place at least two weeks before the operation, and photographs are taken to assess the number of follicles to be transplanted (usually between 500 and 3,000),which determines the cost of the beard transplant. In addition, a blood test is performed before the operation to ensure that the patient is in good health.
Facial hair restoration: How does the surgery work?
Facial hair restoration surgery is performed under local anesthesia and can take 5 to 6 hours.
The surgeon uses a pencil to mark the area of the beard to be corrected and the area of hair to be removed. After the follicles are harvested. The surgeon implants them in the areas already marked.
Over time, the transplanted follicles begin to produce new beard hair. The final results of beard transplantation become visible gradually, often between 6 and 12 months after surgery, when hair growth is complete.
You may think that facial hair grafting is not a complicated surgery to worry about. You should not worry about it, but it is still a medical procedure. Although complications are very rare, some of them may occur after the surgery.
As with most surgeries, there are risks of bleeding, scarring, and infection, but these are very rare with facial hair transplants. Occasionally, the follicles can become infected. There is also a risk of scarring in the donor area days after the procedure. Fortunately, when the hair finally grows, the donor area will be erased.
What can you do to prevent a botched beard transplant?
To avoid a botched beard transplant, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Elevate your head the first night by using several pillows or sleeping in a recliner. This may help reduce swelling.
- Place a towel under your head to absorb any minor bleeding.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages as they can negatively affect the healing process.
- Avoid swimming or exposing the transplanted area to water during the initial recovery period. Chlorinated or salty water can irritate the skin and compromise the success of the graft.
- Avoid applying cosmetic products, such as lotions, creams, or oils, to the grafted area without the prior approval of your surgeon. Some products may contain ingredients that can interfere with healing.
By following these precautions and following your surgeon's post-operative instructions, you can help optimize the results of your beard implants and reduce the risk of complications. It's important to communicate regularly with your surgeon and let him or her know of any problems or questions you may have during the recovery period.
Beard Implants Cost in Istanbul & Antalya Turkey
Turkey is well-known in the field of cosmetic surgery, especially hair transplantation. The plastic surgeons we work with are world-renowned.
Turquie santé allows you to find the best deals, reviews & costs for beard transplants or hair transplants. We negotiate for our patients the best prices while guaranteeing the best service in Istanbul, Izmir & Antalya Hospitals.
The average price of a beard transplant in Istanbul & Antalya Turkey is 1400 Euros. To request a free medical evaluation and personalized quote for your facial hair restoration, please send us your file using the link below.
Share this page
The number of the follicular units relies on many factors such as the level and type of baldness. In case you have androgenetic alopecia, you will need more follicular units.
It is important to have achievable expectations as each person possesses different aesthetic requirements.
Beard transplantation is always performed under local anesthesia. This will allow the patient not to feel pain throughout the operation. Anesthesia is injected directly into the beard and neck. This will make both sides completely numb and prevent the patient from having painful sensations during the surgery. With good anesthesia, the entire transplant operation will be totally painless.
Complications and side effects after beard transplant are rare. Some minor complications may occur, such as:
- Infection: it is rare in this kind of intervention since the therapy includes the administration of antibiotics or another surgery.
- Telogen Effluvium: Loss of beard hair may occur in areas close to the transplanted areas. The situation will be normal after about 3 months because the facial hair that has fallen will grow back together with those transplanted.
- Edema and ecchymosis: they can last from 4 to 7 days.
- Poor growth: it may happen that the growth rate is unsatisfactory. In this case, it should be investigated whether the patient observed the loss of some grafts in the first week after surgery, if he smoked secretly or if there was an effluvium of pre-existing beard hair. Before drawing conclusions, it is recommended to wait at least one year since the late growth of transplanted beard hair can also be significant. In some cases, there may be no obvious cause of poor growth.
For beard transplant, you need to follow some criteria. This is because the hormones, that make facial hair strong and resistant, must reach a certain level. Experts consider the ideal age for beard transplantation to be a minimum of 20 years old.
The formation of redness and slight bleeding following surgery is common after beard transplantation. Your skin will return to its normal condition after being cleaned. Thanks to the use of high-quality equipment for this type of intervention, the surgery leaves neither marks nor scars.
Starting from the sixth month, you can see the final result of the surgery.