Vaginoplasty become a common practice around the world and has become one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries.
Who is this procedure for?
- Women with loose vaginas due to childbirth or aging
- Women with mild hypermobility
- Women with overdeveloped or hypertrophic genital labia
- Women under 40 represent 95% of demand
- Urinary infection
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The intervention lasts between one and two hours
- Work unavailability from 2 to 7 days
- Back to sports activities after 6 weeks
- The final result is visible after 3 months
How it works ?
What are the types of Vaginal Cosmetic Surgery?
The main types of vaginal surgery are Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty.
- Labiaplasty : is also called vulvoplasty. It consists in remodelling the little lips.
- Vaginoplasty: Vaginal rejuvenation involves reshaping the internal muscles of the vagina to make it softer and tighter.
When is a Labiaplasty needed in Turkey & Istanbul?
Women, who are looking for this cosmetic surgery in Turkey & Istanbul, seek to reduce the size of the small lips or to make them symmetrical. In addition, they may have a feeling of discomfort, too long short lips can become painful when standing or sitting for a long time, or during a sport or sexual activity. So they desire smaller lips to provide more sexual pleasure.
What about Vaginoplasty in Turkey & Istanbul ?
In post partum, the vagina may present morphological changes, prolapse, and distension of painful scars. Treatment is currently possible with multi-disciplinary management requiring specialized perineal physiotherapy as well.
Indications for plastic surgery of the vagina are more and more numerous:
- Removal of painful scars after childbirth.
- Treatment of vaginismus.
- The vagina is too narrow or too stiff.
- Vaginal gap.
- Tightening of the vagina.
What are the Therapeutic Proposals?
Atrophy of vulvo-vaginal mucosa
Atrophy of the vaginal mucosa can be caused by a decrease in estrogen levels secondary to the taking of certain drugs or menopause. The mucosa becomes less vascularized which causes dyspareunia (pain during intercourse) and can be a source of genital infections. Then, the gynecologist introduces a laser into the vagina that stimulates the synthesis of a new layer of collagen making the mucosa thicker and more tonic.
The vaginal gap
This is a vaginal release, secondary to childbirth or menopause. It can be the cause of dyspareunia and an alteration of sexual satisfaction.
Laser or surgery?
The treatment is surgical, the diameter of the vagina is reduced by bringing the muscles together.
Laser treatment is also possible in this case.
Painful vaginal scars
In the postpartum period, painful vaginal scars can persist. This can cause vaginal pain and droughts causing genital infections.
The treatment is surgical under local anesthesia. It involves removing “bad scars” and injecting fat from the thigh, for example.
Labiaplasty: Reducing the size of small lips
This operation is carried out under local anaesthesia in an office or clinic. The surgeon makes incisions in the small lips and brings them closer with absorbable thread.
Is it painful?
No, the act is not painful. The patient may feel tingling.