Over time, following an aggressive diet, a weight loss surgery or pregnancy, the arm may collapse and lose elasticity. This causes an unpleasant look and disharmony between the different areas of the body. Arm lift is the best way to correct this relaxation and eliminate excess fat in a permanent way. Therefore, it helps you get a harmonious aspect over the entire area.
Also known as brachioplasty, this cosmetic surgical procedure aims to improve the visual aspect of the under portion of your upper arms.
- People who have lost weight, leaving excess skin under their arms.
- People whose skin has naturally started to sag on the underarms due to age.
- Wound infection
- Hematomas or seromas
- Visible scars
- The two arms lift lasts about 2 hours
- The incisions heal after about 2 weeks
- 4 to 6 weeks for full recovery
Non Surgical Brachioplasty with Arm Liposuction: Procedure & Recovery
With age advancement, your body including your upper arms alters. Parts of your skin may become loose and saggy. Weight loss also can contribute to this changing in your upper arms and make them droop.
While physical activity may ameliorate muscle tone in the upper arm, it can't fix excess skin that has lost elasticity. You might opt for a brachioplasty if the undersides of your upper arms are drooping. This reconstructive cosmetic surgery might also beautify your body image.
Brachioplasty or non surgical Arm lift is a very common procedure that is requested by many people.
The operation lasts about two hours under general anesthesia in an operating room. It requires a one night stay in the hospital or clinic after the operation. Brachioplasty consists in removing the amount of fat and excess skin usually located on the inner side of the arms. Often, surgeons combine this procedure with a liposuction technique to remove excess fat and sagging skin from the upper arms.
At least two consultations with the surgeon are recommended two weeks before the day of the operation. During these meetings, the plastic surgeon carries out medical photographs of the arms. He also carries out a detailed assessment to decide the type of dermolipectomy of the arms. It is recommended to avoid smoking and make a waxing with cream or wax in the armpits.
During Lifting & Liposuction
Your cosmetic surgeon will make small incisions on the undersides of your arms. The length and direction of the surgical incisions depend on the amount of the skin to be removed.
After making the incisions, the aesthetic surgeon will strengthen your underlying muscles and hold them with surgical sutures. He or she might also employ a liposuction technique to remove excess adipose tissue.
Your new arm contours will be then covered by the skin. The plastic surgeon will then use sutures or surgical to close the incisions.
Although it's minimally invasive, arm lift can be painful. It is performed by an experienced doctor and its duration does not exceed two hours.
Recovery after the procedure
After brachioplasty with arm liposuction, the surgeon puts on a bandage which will be removed after two weeks. A little pain may be experienced after the arm lift. Sports activities are strongly discouraged at least 1 month after the intervention.
By removing sagging skin, a brachioplasty can give your upper arms a more juvenile look.
The results of this procedure are typically long lasting. Remember, your skin will naturally lose some strength with age advancement and some losing might happen. Keeping a stable weight can help you maintain your results.
The scars disappear over time (around 6 months) after full recovery. Thus, the results are immediately noticed, but it takes about 6 to 12 months to observe the final result.
Are there any risks or complications?
This procedure may cause some complications, including:
- Scarring: incisions can cause puffy, red or pink scars. Corticosteroid injections or other medications might be used to improve the healing process.
- Asymmetric shape: this could happen as a result of alteration during the recovery process. While the cosmetic surgeon will try to make your arms seem as identical as possible, perfect symmetry may not be possible.
- Alteration in skin sensitivity: during this procedure, changing the position of your arm tissues can destroy superficial sensory nerves. You also may likely experience some temporary lump.
- Problems with surgical sutures: stitches used to hold the arm's new shape might appear on the surface of the skin. This may cause infection of the affected dermal tissue. As a result, you might need another surgery to remove them.
Like any other type of surgery, this one poses a risk of bleeding, infection and an allergic reaction to anesthesia.
Cost of Arm Lift Surgery in Turkey & Istanbul: Affordable Prices
Arm lift is a surgical technique that has shown its effectiveness. This kind of surgery treats the problem of excess skin at the level of the arms. There's also a similar surgery that involves the thighs, and it's named thigh lift.
Turquie santé negotiates for its patients the preferred conditions. We also help them get the best prices for their cosmetic surgeries in Turkey and Istanbul. The cost varies depending on the individual’s case.
You can request your personalized quote by sending your request. Our partner hospitals in Istanbul or Izmir will answer you within the day.
Share this page
Brachioplasty allows you to have thinner and firmer arms that no longer rub the bust.
The scars due to this surgery would not be very visible and their pinkish appearance would be easy to hide during the first few months.
The pinkish visual aspect of the scars (or physiological hyperplasia) would disappear after the twelfth post-surgery month.
This surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis (same day exit).
- Going back to professional activities would be possible after the first postoperative week;
- Restarting sports activities would be possible from the first postoperative month.